Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 6:38:57 AM EDT
Hi all,
I'm going to visit San Francisco next month with my friends, and I few questions

1. what are your laws about alcohol and tobacco/cigarettes? what's the minimum age to buy/drink alcohol? can you drink or smoke everywhere?

2. I need small replacement parts for my AR15 (flash hider, crush washer, gas tube, spring, etc) and maybe some accessories: can I buy them without problems or I need some sort of paper? where is a good place to buy them? (our hotel is near Lafayette Park)

thanks in advance
Frens
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
min age to buy and drink is 21 and 18 for tobacco products. i dont know of any local stores that will sell those small parts and there is no gunshows in march. best bet would be to order that stuff online...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi all,
I'm going to visit San Francisco next month with my friends, and I few questions

1. what are your laws about alcohol and tobacco/cigarettes? what's the minimum age to buy/drink alcohol? can you drink or smoke everywhere?

2. I need small replacement parts for my AR15 (flash hider, crush washer, gas tube, spring, etc) and maybe some accessories: can I buy them without problems or I need some sort of paper? where is a good place to buy them? (our hotel is near Lafayette Park)

thanks in advance
Frens

I like this guy, he mentioned alcohol twice in his first question.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If your schedule permits, drive east on I80 to the Big Reno Show (March 10-12). Gun shows in NV beat anything Cali has to offer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

he he

thanks guys.

damn we'are 20yrs old....so we can't even drink a beer

@ MadMex - we can't move so much...we are primary going to visit some italian companies so we haven't got a lot of free time

what about gun stores in Santa Clara and Redwood?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he he

thanks guys.

@ MadMex - we can't move so much...we are primary going to visit some italian companies so we haven't got a lot of free time

California state law says its only illegal if you get caught.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he he

thanks guys.

California state law says its only illegal if you get caught.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Frens - I'm pretty sure you will not find any of those parts in a gun store in California.  They are perfectly legal to buy and sell but the stores just do not carry them.  

Maybe you can contact Stag or Bushmaster or something and see if they will ship parts to the hotel you are going to stay in here.

Good luck and enjoy your visit to SF.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
No alcohol sales from 2AM until 6AM everyday.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Frens - I'm pretty sure you will not find any of those parts in a gun store in California.  They are perfectly legal to buy and sell but the stores just do not carry them.  

Maybe you can contact Stag or Bushmaster or something and see if they will ship parts to the hotel you are going to stay in here.

I'll try that
thanks

edit: what about military surplus stores?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

edit: what about military surplus stores?

In Italian, how do you say "store full of overpriced garbage for sale by retard" ?

Don't waste your limited time on surplus stores around here.  They don't have gun parts and most of the merchandise is worthless.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks Tonkaman
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#13]
u should visit Little Italy in SF. Great place to hang out at night with other fellow italians.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They're not exactly close to SF. Santa Clara's near 50 miles from SF, and can take upwards of an hour to drive there.

However, your best bet for AR-15 parts may just be in Santa Clara: Reed's Indoor Range is, as far as I know, the only store in the bay area that caters to our type of shooting (as opposed to the Elmer Fudd hunters). They've got a good selection of "tactical" gear and accessories.

You don't need any sort of paper for buying the parts. You may need to be 18 to buy magazines, but you can only buy 10 round magazines in CA, so there's no point.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Having to be 21 to drink didn't stop me 13 years ago when I wanted a cold beer.  Don't let it stop you either.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Also, you can't publicly smoke indoors, you must smoke outside.  If you're going to smoke in your hotel room, ask them for a smoking room.

Because we have a 100% tax on tobacco products in Calif, it is really expensive.  A pack of cigarettes will cost $5US.

Welcome to the USA & California.  Do visit the Golden Gate Bridge and SF Chinatown. We don't have as much history as Italy.  SF is only about 150 or so years old.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, you can't publicly smoke indoors, you must smoke outside.  If you're going to smoke in your hotel room, ask them for a smoking room.

Because we have a 100% tax on tobacco products in Calif, it is really expensive.  A pack of cigarettes will cost $5US.

Welcome to the USA & California.  Do visit the Golden Gate Bridge and SF Chinatown. We don't have as much history as Italy.  SF is only about 150 or so years old.

that's a usefull info

this will be my first trip in the USA. I hope it won't be the last
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Fens - What part of Italy you hail from? (what city do you live in)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Vicenza, NE of Italy. near Padova, Verona, Venezia.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I've contacted few dealers but some said that I have to sign an export notice and I can't sign since I'll be at the hotel only in the evening, some didn't EMail me back
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#21]
be careful you need export permit for certain parts. US customs might ask you for that export permit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
be careful you need export permit for certain parts. US customs might ask you for that export permit.

I know. I would also need an import permit for certain parts (bolt, bolt carrier, barrel,etc.). but the only rifle part I'm looking for is the gas tube and AFAIK I don't need any permit for that...all other stuff are small accessories like killflash and blank firing adapter...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know. I would also need an import permit for certain parts (bolt, bolt carrier, barrel,etc.). but the only rifle part I'm looking for is the gas tube and AFAIK I don't need any permit for that...all other stuff are small accessories like killflash and blank firing adapter...

yes your good to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#24]
do you know any shop that sell without asking signature of any kind?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I would order online.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#26]
and if you drop a quarter, kick it out the city limit before you pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Why are you trying to buy these AR15 parts in the USA?  Are they not available in Itilia?  All of these parts would probably amount to about $30US.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are you trying to buy these AR15 parts in the USA?  Are they not available in Itilia?  All of these parts would probably amount to about $30US.

shop doesn't carry replacement parts here. only the italian importer can find those parts...and if he could find them, they would cost me twice (even more) the american price. AR here in Italy are rare and expensive toys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would order online.

I sent an EMail to DSG Arms yesterday. RustyTX said I can receive the order in the hotel but I have to sign an export notice. the problem is that I'll be in the hotel only in the evening so I can sign and receive the order
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

shop doesn't carry replacement parts here. only the italian importer can find those parts...and if he could find them, they would cost me twice (even more) the american price. AR here in Italy are rare and expensive toys.

Have you got your export notice?  King's Gun Works will do an export notice for you and probably charge you a small fee, they would probably not charge the fee if you order something from them, but they don't deal in any with AR15s.  The company is located about 10 miles(15km) north of Los Angeles.  My freind exported a Colt 1911 to France using this company.  Good luck, it can be done.  You know, if you are going through the trouble to get a 1 of everything, why not get like 2.  I wouldn't try to get too many the USA government may get upset.  Take that home and sell to some friends to make some extra money or score some extra points.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#32]
NorCal_LEO: I doubt if our Italian friend Frens knows what a Dairy Queen is, so better explain it.

Miscellaneous firearms supplies are on my list that I buy at the gun shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top