Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 8:05:42 PM EDT
1) DOJ plans to put all the newly arriving lowers on the banned list.

2) FAB-10s can have all 12276.1 features except the detachable mag/pistol grip.

3) So, if you were to build a lower with no 12276.1 features, how would it be different from a FAB-10?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It wouldn't.

The CA DOJ is acting like a kid on the playground who just got smacked in the face and wants to take his ball and go home. They are reacting in the only way they know how to. A kneejerk reaction. That, as far as I can tell, is in direct conflict with existing law.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would a bunch of bureaurocrats get worked up over this issue?

There must be a liberal idealogue behind this nastiness...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
DOJ is going to drag this out as long as possible.  There's lots of holes in what they have released, many are obvious.  The only wild card against our prevailing is the liberal courts we get to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1) DOJ plans to put all the newly arriving lowers on the banned list.

2) FAB-10s can have all 12276.1 features except the detachable mag/pistol grip.

3) So, if you were to build a lower with no 12276.1 features, how would it be different from a FAB-10?

Wouldn't it be true that if the list was updated with the FAB-10 registration would be forced?  Because after all 12276.1 is a subsection, if it's on the list by name, it's an AW, regardless of 12276.1 features.  And if the DOJ decides you can't have 12276.1 features on any 2006+ registered AW then you'd be pretty screwed?  LOL I'm in the same boat with my Carbon-15.  :)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck them I'm gonna register mine anyway, since I had to take half a day off work and drive to the Bay Area (twice) to get my two. I already have three registered AW lowers, but have two "orphan" uppers I was hoping to put on the new lowers. Oh well. Just have to wait this one out. I doubt the NRA will help us deal with the schizophrenia of our California establishment...declaring a rifle to be an "assault rifle" and then saying you can not assemble it into an assault rifle...the mind boggles.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Applying lojic to the Penal code or DOJ policy generally doesnt work.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm kinda behind the curve on this, but isn't the FAB-10 legal 'cause it has no detachable magazine?

Isn't the new non-detach Carbon-15 "California Legal"???

I'd like to buy one of those "legal" Bushmasters as soon as they start carrying them
at my local gunstore...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm kinda behind the curve on this, but isn't the FAB-10 legal 'cause it has no detachable magazine?

I'd like to buy one of those "legal" Bushmasters as soon as they start carrying them
at my local gunstore...

legal ones ahve been available since 2000.  now they want ot ban certain ones?  this is the dumbest state ever.  they head guy was bullied in elementary
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

at my local gunstore...

lonewolf, you are not behind the curve, since the DOJ's logic follows no smooth parabola. It is Pretzel Logic.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually they don't even have the liberal courts.  You see the DOJ is statewide and effects all citizens of the state.  In fact, there are citizens in all 58 counties who have purchased these lowers.  Count on our attorneys filing in either Kings County or Kern County.

So long as no one screws up and gets busted in LA, San Francisco, Alameda, or some other liberal county WE GET TO CHOOSE THE VENUE.  They're screwed and they know it!

We've got them on the run!!! Don't stop buying lowers and getting your friends, co-workers, and family into the off-list club!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]
yea but, doesnt it finally end up in the 9th circuit of apeals.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Like Kasler and Harrott, it likely will be decided in the CA Supreme Court.

So until then I guess our lowers will be safe queens?

That'll be a waste of good range time...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

at my local gunstore...

Naturally of course you can always do what I did.  I took a Vulcan Carbon Fiber lower and will now be building it up into a CARBON-15.  Should the courts rule in our favor or should I be in Nevada or Arizona, I've created my own homebrew Bushmaster CARBON-15 hehehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top