Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:40:25 AM EDT
I wasn't really that sure about their guns  but brad was a hell of a nice guy !
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Dunno about the guns, but their booth babe was hot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
ASA may be out of biz, may be transitioning, I dunno.

However, strange quirk:  "American Spirit Arms" (brand) ,  "ASA-15" (model)  is NOT banned on the Kasler list.  

CCR section 979.11 only bans "American Spirit [Arms]" and  "USA model" (model).  

If you find an American Spirit Arms ASA-15 lower receiver, it is an 'off-list' lower.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ASA may be out of biz, may be transitioning, I dunno.

However, strange quirk:  "American Spirit Arms" (brand) ,  "ASA-15" (model)  is NOT banned on the Kasler list.  

CCR section 979.11 only bans "American Spirit [Arms]" and  "USA model" (model).  

If you find an American Spirit Arms ASA-15 lower receiver, it is an 'off-list' lower.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

That's good new for me.  I have an ASA-15 at my condo in Arizona.  Does that mean I can convert it to a fixed magazine and bring it back to California?  I hope so since I'm going down there next month for spring training.

Edited to add:  I just checked the list and the American Spirit USA Model is listed.  However, the DOJ Assault Weapons ID Guide listed the American Spirit ASA Model.  That's too close for me.

Edited (again) to add:  I checked the actual section of The California Code of Regulations.  It lists the American Spirit USA Model.  So that's what's in the law.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's good new for me.  I have an ASA-15 at my condo in Arizona.  Does that mean I can convert it to a fixed magazine and bring it back to California?  I hope so since I'm going down there next month for spring training.

If it is specifically an American Spirit Arms "ASA-15" model it is legal and has Harrott protection.

Edited to add:  I just checked the list and the American Spirit USA Model is listed.  However, the DOJ Assault Weapons ID Guide listed the American Spirit ASA Model.  That's too close for me.

That's an informal guide.  It does not have the force of law ever since Harrott kicked in.  That was for back in the day when Kasler's "an AR is an AR is an AR" held.

Edited (again) to add:  I checked the actual section of The California Code of Regulations.  It lists the American Spirit USA Model.  So that's what's in the law.

Absolutely. Good man.

I wonder, though, this list is so old, if they will update the old stuff or just add a bunch of new models? Dunno yet.

I have two ASA15s but they were purchased in 99 and reg'd in 2000 after SB23 kicked in.

Just make sure your ASA-15s are stripped down, or you have the nondetachable 10rd mag fixed before coming back into CA with it.

I would also do this ASAP before any ban hits - might not wanna cross the state line after it gets named, even if it is yours.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top