Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:36:12 PM EDT
Can I put a non removable 10 round mag in it and reg. it? The ban law must not say bushmaster all model's since they have the 10 round cap. AR15. Comments?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The banned list says Bushmaster  XM15 (all), so i'm guessing that they are okay BUT...

Bushmaster is discontinuing the .308 line.

Just thought that you should know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I already own one. Just want to know if and when they open the window I can reg. in CA since I own a home there. Now that RRA will be making them again they will fix the bolt problems. I had a good conversation with a gunsmith today and found out that Bushmaster or their sub  just over heat treated the bolts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
RRA is making them now?

Damn, first I've heard about it. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately this is all pretty much a moot point at this time.

#1 Bushmaster has discontinued the .308s and they only worked with Bushmaster .308 uppers.  Hence it's unlikely due to the very small numbers of these rifles that they will be added to the list.

#2 The list is probably going to be published within the next 10 business days.  A December 20, 2005 list was already leaked at www.calgunlaws.com and by now there's almost definitely more than 17 new names on the list.  I've heard there may be as many as 40!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Unfortunately this is all pretty much a moot point at this time.

#1 Bushmaster has discontinued the .308s and they only worked with Bushmaster .308 uppers.  Hence it's unlikely due to the very small numbers of these rifles that they will be added to the list.

#2 The list is probably going to be published within the next 10 business days.  A December 20, 2005 list was already leaked at www.calgunlaws.com and by now there's almost definitely more than 17 new names on the list.  I've heard there may be as many as 40!

Indeed! Does any of that affect my og question. I'm not being a smart ass, just curious.. Sounds like I should be able to Reg. it? Yes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top