Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 3:10:14 PM EDT
They say 1/28 is the last day for lower sales on their website.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wes at 10 Percent Firearms got out of it because it was draining.

At the time (mid December) suppliers were getting cold feet, middleman FFLs were required, etc.  Orders that were paid for sometimes required cancellation and restarting.

Hector probably (1) is tired - takes a lot of effort these days to sell a gun in CA, esp for a lower-margin item like lowers and  (2) this may distract from other gun sales w/more profit.

He also may not have right of return on lowers and doesn't wanna be stuck with inventory he has to move out of state in 90days and sell at fire-sale prices, so that's as far as he's gonna stick his neck out.

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
esp for a lower-margin item like lowers

He's selling lowers that retail for $79-99 elsewhere for $175-215.00.  Thats a very good profit margin for firearms.

When my wife worked at a gunstore the mark up was only 10%, not the 100% markup like these lowers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's selling lowers that retail for $79-99 elsewhere for $175-215.00.  Thats a very good profit margin for firearms.

When my wife worked at a gunstore the mark up was only 10%, not the 100% markup like these lowers.

I think the suppliers are responsible for much of the price gouging.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
CWS did say that they're going to continue selling through xfer dealers though so that's kinda cool.  So they're not totally out of the game yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the distrubutors have one price for lowers going to florida FFLs and another prices for lowers going to TX & Cali FFLs?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the distrubutors have one price for lowers going to florida FFLs and another prices for lowers going to TX & Cali FFLs?

Yes.One of the dealers on this site was selling Stags for 85 his California price was 299. And he would only ship to an AW dealer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I know the lowers Im helping sell have been shipped overnight 5 times, that is alot of $$ for shipping.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I went there yesterday and picked up my lowers.  I've heard that the individual DROS paperwork we fill out pales in comparison to the paperwork required by the FFL, but I don't personally know.  Remember that many manufacturers will not send to CA, so the lowers we are buying probably have at least 3 middlemen.  The times I have been at CWS, Michelle has been helping the customers.  I have the feeling that Hector is out scrounging across the country to find lowers that WE can buy.  I predict CWS will continue to obtain the lowers, but will use the other FFLs to transfer.  I think as a whole, we owe a big thanks to CWS for having the courage to step up to the plate early in the game.  I won't be disappointed if the lowers never get listed and the price drops.  I think of it this way: What was I paying for a stripped lower at Turners in November of 2005?

2 L-something (consecutive), 2-dragon symbol(consecutive), 1-deer head.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.One of the dealers on this site was selling Stags for 85 his California price was 299. And he would only ship to an AW dealer.

1. i think you are confusing distrubutors and dealers.

2. I think hector has an FFL in both TX and CA.  I suspect he is having the distributors ship to his Tx FFL, then he imports them into cali.  that way the distributors dont know they are going to cali.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. i think you are confusing distrubutors and dealers.

2. I think hector has an FFL in both TX and CA.  I suspect he is having the distributors ship to his Tx FFL, then he imports them into cali.  that way the distributors dont know they are going to cali.

Anyone that looks at his website can see that he is an FFL in both CA and TX.  Of course the distributors are jacking the price for CA sales, and I don't think anyone is fooled into thinking receivers going to CWS are headed for sale in TX.

Have you seen the prices for an AK receiver on Gunbroker?  These clowns think that they can rape us given the short window of opportunity.  I just looked harder and found what I wanted at the price that they should be going for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top