Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 1:16:44 PM EDT
Does any one know if there will be any vendors selling stipper lowers at the Costa Mesa gun show next week.  I have seen several posts about  the past Del Mar show and sales of lower there. Also any one know of of an FFL in OC doing DROS on the lowers. Any more group buys in SO Cal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan to go on saturday and will check.  If DOJ doesnt update the list then maybe FLAGguns or ARMusa might start selling lowers. I cant see the retail chain stores like Turners or  Big-5 buying in though.

Dont know if CWS wil be there but they have already indicated they intend to be a distributor only, not dealers as of 01/28/06.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I for one will be there with a magnifying glass and a fat wad of cash.  I need .45acp and .223/5.56mm, and if I happen to see any lowers for under $175 or so, rest assured that I will buy one (or more).  That will make 3 for me, at least!

ETA:  I will also have a dolly.  I'm not making that mistake again...I'm not what you would call "muscular."  So carrying 2,000 rounds of 5.56mm in my arms from the fairgrounds to my car in the parking lot was not pleasant.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm not what you would call "muscular."  So carrying 2,000 rounds of 5.56mm in my arms from the fairgrounds to my car in the parking lot was not pleasant.

If you do that trip to the parking lot enough times, then you will be muscular .  2000 rounds is a lot of weight. I did that once at Del Mar, one case on each shoulder-never again. I've never been to a Costa Mesa show but if the primary ammo vender is Miwall like at Del Mar, they will loan you a dolly if you leave your Driver's License with them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I plan to go on saturday and will check.  If DOJ doesnt update the list then maybe FLAGguns or ARMusa might start selling lowers. I cant see the retail chain stores like Turners or  Big-5 buying in though.

Dont know if CWS wil be there but they have already indicated they intend to be a distributor only, not dealers as of 01/28/06.

I think ARM USA will pass.  I heard him talking aboutthe FAL receivers that were selling at other places, he didn't want any part of that.

I don't realy blame him, I know it's legal to sell them, but if they tie up his ability to make a living, evern if he wins in the end, he loses everything.

WEll, except for huis Havasu store.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

back in the day armusa didnt even want to sell the fab10, kept telling me about the SKS thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't hold my breath for ARMUSA.  Full of BS...
I can't imagine people actually pay fees to them to buy things that aren't even cheap.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top