Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 8:22:23 PM EDT
Just what the title says. I live up in the northern LA area and don't want to make the drive if its a waste
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Del mar isn't what is use to be.  If you don't have a purpose in going, it isn't really worth it.  I'm only going cause I hear there will be some lowers there.  

The gunshow itself is only one convention building.  You can visit all booths within an hour.  Most vendors are out of state or out of county, ie NV or AZ.   Which is good and bad.   The deals that one would get at gunshows is a thing of the past.  

However, if you looking for accessories and holsters they have really great deals.

Remember it's $8 for parking and $9 to get in.   There is a discount  coupon on entry on their website.  Don't recall the address right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
www.crossroadsgunshows.com/

There is going to be a show in OC the wkend of Feb. 4-5, if you can wait that long.

Also, parking is free at the OC show (at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa).
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the Del Mar train station still open?  You could walk to the fairgrounds pretty easily from there if you took the train, I used to live across the street from the Del Mar train station in college and we did that all the time.  If it's not open, just take the train to the Solana Beach station and hop on the bus on highway 1 to Del Mar!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Might be tough with a case of MREs, ammo, and beef jerky.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just thinking of going because I have nothing else to do. Sounds like I might pass it up then. I miss the days of good gun shows I think I should just wait till the glendale show. Never been there before even with growing up just a few miles from it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to live in north county san diego and went to the del mar shows all the time. About ten years ago they were great, there were several buildings and tons of stuff. Last time I went there though was probably in 2000 and I was sorely disappointed. I was talking to some dealers and they were saying that the police would come through before the show and tell them all the things they couldn't have on the tables (just simple things like knifes and batons).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Might be tough with a case of MREs, ammo, and beef jerky.

haha, you're right!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hi all!

I walked the show today. I had not been to a Del Mar show since 1999 when I owned Cold War Relics. It was a pitiful, far cry from the "good old days". All of the handguns I looked at were $100-$150 more than I thought they should be.

We're going to change that. Our FFL is pending and once in hand, we will be doing the Del Mar and Costa Mesa shows.

We will put the "Gun" back into Gun Show...

Glad to hear it.  will you be selling AR lowers, assuming DOJ hasnt halted the sales by that point?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I am waffleing on going myself at the moment,,
being a transplanted texan, with a dozen gun shows to hit a year with in an hours drive.
its been my thing to do..
since coming here I have been to 2 del mar shows..and damn,
17 bucks to get in the door to see dolls and airsoft..
i am not a long term resident as i am here on a job and will return to texas upon completion of such.
but it is a dissapointing show to say the least and my heart goes out to you californian gunsels that have such a poor excuse for a show..
we kid about jerky and dolls at the dallas shows. but atleast we have some guns and if you see a man carrying one with a sign onhis back for sale,,you can just buy it and take it home with out the government getting in your business about it..

I fear too many states may get on the cali band wagon concerning gun rights,,but maybe only hopefully it seems more are following the likes of florida and texas and the rest of the south in upholding our freedoms..

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I went to the show today and I have to say, I was very disapointed.  I know the show has been on a down-hill slide for a while, but this show was a new low.   he
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I went on Saturday.  It was very small, very lame.

The problem was the venue was combined to just one of the two exhibit halls, the other being taken up by a ski stuff event.

The Cirque de Soleil was also at the fairgrounds, which made traffic and parking particularly sucky.  I messed up my back humping a tin of Romanian 8 mm Mauser ammo and some smoke grenades back to my WMD Inspector SUV in the western parking lot.

The ladies I brought enjoyed it enough.  They spent most of the time oggling jewelry, and the 13-YO bought a few "attitude" stickers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top