Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 12:29:27 PM EDT
I see that bushmaster has mags but they cannot be disassembled? weird. so anyone know where else i can get some?
thx
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
armalite.com They look look to be disassemblable like you can take 'em apart.

Everyone sells 10 rounders though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason you can't disassemble the Bushmaster 10 rounders is because they're made from 20 rd bodies.  The ATF is afraid that if you disassemble these mags you will make 20 rd capacity mags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
10rd Steyr-AUG style polymer waffle magazines from DPMSInc
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Can someone please post a pic of the 10 round  bushmaster mags?  I can't find any pictures.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The 20 rounder BM mags look a bit longer than the 10 round BM mags, prolly so someone doesn't confuse sticking a 10 round mag in their gun during a firefight thinking they are getting 20 rounds, then dying with a confused, "p0wned" look on thier face.hock.gif

EDIT: The BM 10 round steel "Bullpup" mags do like like old school 20 rounders.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I can't hold the bolt back with the steel one. The aluminum ten rounder works great. At least with my SU-16....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Stag has 10-round mags for $20.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Stag has 10-round mags for $20.  

They're just Bushmasters with the logo removed.  Why pay $20 for a Stag, when you can get Bushmasters @ $15ea.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
*dupe*

see operatorerror's post...

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't hold the bolt back with the steel one. The aluminum ten rounder works great. At least with my SU-16....

That may be a GOOD thing for people who are building fixed mag lowers and want the bolt to slam home after the last shot so they can break them open.

What exactly prevents it from staying back? Is it missing something? Does it not actuate the plungered lever? Also, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of one in an AR, would you? I always wanted to know what those straight 10 round mags looked like in case I build up an older M16 clone one day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm really not quite sure. I think the cutout to the rear of the steel mag is slightly different. I believe the follower is the same between both. Another possibility is the relationship of the follower to the magazine lips.

For example, on an M1A, one can depress the follower slightly on the inserted magazine with the bolt held open and the bolt closes. Sometimes on your fingers if you are not careful. Obviously one can't do this with an AR...

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm really not quite sure. I think the cutout to the rear of the steel mag is slightly different. I believe the follower is the same between both. Another possibility is the relationship of the follower to the magazine lips.

For example, on an M1A, one can depress the follower slightly on the inserted magazine with the bolt held open and the bolt closes. Sometimes on your fingers if you are not careful. Obviously one can't do this with an AR...

True, but not with the bolt being held open with the bolt stop. The shooter needs to hold the bolt open slight past the bolt stop. This is an improvement over the Garand which was notorious for pinching thumbs. You probably meant this, but I did not want to give readers the wrong impression on how great these rifles are.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, Stator, thats what I meant.... bolt held back slightly... BTW, does the Smith extended bolt stop release or Rooster release allow you to release the bolt WITHOUT a round in the magazine? Just wondering...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Ooops...I meant can someone post pics of the armalite 10 rd mags.  I already have a few bushmaster mags.  ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top