Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:19:30 PM EDT
Is there a 10 day waiting period on face to face sales?  I've done plenty of buying from dealers, but from another person in this state.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally speaking there is a 10 day wait unless the rifle is over 50 years old and you don't go through a dealer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap, for some reason I thought there wasn't one, glad I checked, I guess I'll just order locally instead of driving 2 hours twice for a private sale.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Crap, for some reason I thought there wasn't one, glad I checked, I guess I'll just order locally instead of driving 2 hours twice for a private sale.  

If it's newer than 50 years old, it has to go through an FFL. All pistols even if they're older than 50 have to go through an FFL too. The bright side is that the FFL can't charge more than $35 bucks to do the transfer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The bright side is that the FFL can't charge more than $35 bucks to do the transfer.

R U  sure?

I thought it was no more than $35.00 for DROS related fees plus whatever fee they charge for transfers.  Its beenn a couple years but most shops charged me $25.00 plus DROS for PPT.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The bright side is that the FFL can't charge more than $35 bucks to do the transfer.

R U  sure?

I thought it was no more than $35.00 for DROS related fees plus whatever fee they charge for transfers.  Its beenn a couple years but most shops charged me $25.00 plus DROS for PPT.

If the two of you walk into the gunshop together, the FFL can't charge you more than $35 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Would you by any chance have the link to the CA code that state the $35 limit... This could be useful next time...

I know Turner's charges $30 for private party transfer.  Had it done recently..
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Here you go

"Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon request.  Firearms dealers may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm for conducting a private party transfer.  Example:

a. For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction
b. For private party transfers involving one or more long guns, or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00.  The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee of $10.00 per each additional firearm transferred.

(PC section 12072(d))  "
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top