Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:39:09 PM EDT

Is the forum down, or has it just been closed to guests? I didn't have an account there, but had been able to browse it before. Now I can't browse it, and it says that they aren't accepting any new registrations. Anyone know whats going on over there?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, I don't know.  It seems to work fine for me but I am logged into an account there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully they are going to clean out the trolls and ban some IP ranges.  Alot of trolls and general idiots posting there lately.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I don't know.  It seems to work fine for me but I am logged into an account there.

Elitists!

I never got an account there, because I hadn't had anything to post. Now they aren't letting people register to get accounts.

Darn, I guess I won't be able to read the latest gossip about what someones brothers wives cousins dogsitters FFL in Connecticut said he heard about when the CA DOJ is going to make an announcement.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Trust me you're not missing anything ground breaking.  Basically a few people need to loosen up their tin foil hats.  In the last few days I've heard everything from rumors that the DOJ is lagging on "the list" because "the head of the DOJ is in the hospital" to someone claiming that a supervising agent told them "the DOJ is inventing a whole new class of assault weapons so that these will be registered as fixed magazine rifles"Just listen to what Bill Weise has to say that's what I've been doing.  He's one of the only reliable sources of information throughout this whole thing.  I wouldn't pay much attention to the rumor mill.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Indeed, good advice.

I was just commenting to my roomate that I will NOT look at the .223 self loading forum for atleast a week or two. it is simply filled with crap only.

The rest of the board remains the same for the most part...

I also figure that there are many members of Calguns on other boards I frequent... Especially Ar15. if ANYTHING does ever happen, or new news is broke, it will be put out on most of the boards almost instantly.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I, too, have been locked out of the forum. I was a member but my password wasn't working a few days ago, so I asked them to send me my password, and nothing ever happened. Now I can't log in or register.

This wouldn't be too big of an issue, except that the people who ordered lowers and need updates on their purchases won't be able to get news on the situation. I do hope they open the forum back up soon.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Calguns is tin foil hat city. The guys over there is the reason I've been smoking 2 packs a day. I had to stop reading all their rumor mill shit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Calguns is tin foil hat city. The guys over there is the reason I've been smoking 2 packs a day. I had to stop reading all their rumor mill shit.

Actually it's not everyone.  It's a handfull of members who've been passing bad info and calling the DOJ who've stirred the pot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a receiver in the SoCal group buy on that forum, and now I can't get in to see what's going on...

Tried registering on the site a couple days ago but never got the activation email, now they aren't accepting new registrations.

The receivers were supposed to be delivered for Jan 12 DROS and I haven't heard anything.  So I don't know where to go from DROS.  Hmm..
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried to point people to Bill's sticky'd thread and to read the first post, but I guess some people never made it past the 1st grade since they can't read for shit.  I don't know how many times people have tried to tell twitchy-tweakers to STFU, and let things happen on their own.  I myself gave up.

ETA, I can log in just fine in another browser tab, on there right now...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
For you guys who haven't been able to get back / registered, Ramon posted this yesterday if it helps any.
(though one could read it if they can't get on is beyond me )

More on the email problems. It seems that the mail server is the possible problem. I've run a diagnostic through Vbulletin PHP email and it shows an error with the server. Well at least I didn't do it. I'm waiting on the service provider.

Registrations have been reactivated for now. Maybe some people will get lucky. I can always fix it later when everything works again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the same boat.  I never registered but now that I want to I can't.  I was trying to get in on the Norcal group buy if its not too late.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]
sorry, the Lauer receivers are sold out

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Still trying to think of something good for my first post over there, so I don't seem like a noob.

BTW, it must be back up now because I had no problem logging in just now.

Maybe for a first post, you can post something along the lines of

" I hear there is a way to by an AR machine gun now. How do I get it, and can I get the one with the grenade launcher? I want to get it before the boss at the DOJ comes out of her coma, because I heard from my uncle's barber's domestic partner that when she does, she will ban all guns."

The problem with viewing the forumisn't there if you have a login name. The problem is that they closed access, so that guest access is now denied.  And you can't register now, so unless you registered before, you can't view the forum. That's not the proper  way to treat a guest now, is it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I hear there will be another NorCal GP, I will post here soon.

Like Big Bear I have been there since 2002 or so but have posted, its like the GD here on a Friday.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, I found this over there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are having problems using your old registration details go ahead and re-register. Be aware that Yahoo and hotmail is not allowed at this time. If you want your old details back please contact the Admin after you re-register.

If you use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page PLEASE put your old registration e-mail and new e-mail in the text of the message if applicable. You must do this as there may be some problem with the e-mail service and your contact info may not get through if you rely on the form given.

Thanks for coming back!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh, I found this over there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are having problems using your old registration details go ahead and re-register. Be aware that Yahoo and hotmail is not allowed at this time. If you want your old details back please contact the Admin after you re-register.

That sounds great, except for one minor problem. They still have registration disabled.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#19]
can someone who is registered tell me if the norcal group buy is still on?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=194765#post194765

I am supposed to DROS today but I can't register of view the thread, which is wonderful.  Is the milpitas DROS still going on today?

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
can someone who is registered tell me if the norcal group buy is still on?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=194765#post194765

I am supposed to DROS today but I can't register of view the thread, which is wonderful.  Is the milpitas DROS still going on today?

thanks in advance.

Here is the whole thread, copied and pasted for anybody that may need it.  It sounds like they may be sold out but not sure.  Hope this helps.

This is the offical Phase 3 "LAUER CUSTOM WEAPONRY" "LCW-15" NORCAL group buy thread!

UPDATE: 01-13-2006 12:43AM: By sheer overwhelming demand; T-shirts HERE Also XL and L men's _should_ be available at the FFL on MON a little cheaper; $20 cash.

UPDATE: 01-12-2006 11:09PM: WE ARE ON FOR FRI DROS AT MILPITAS!

* DROS DATES for LCR-15s:
* FRIDAY 01-13-2006 9am-11am. <LUHCH!> NOON-3pm
* NEW: MONDAY 01-16-2006 9am-11am. <LUHCH!> NOON-3pm (we hope to have some commerative tshirts too!)
* Stay tuned for a possible tuesday. Don't bother asking me anywhere else, it will be posted here via my CELLULAR modem the second I hear.

We are no longer requiring prepay for dros later than fri because of the schegule change.

Thank You all for your understanding and flexability in this matter.
-Ben.

The FFL is at:
1000 Jacklin Road Milpitas, CA 95035

IN ORDER TO DROS, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
1) A receipt <30days old for cable lock PER receiver, or sign a safe affidavit onsite. WE NEED THIS FOR DROS!!!
2) $55 cash for the first receiver (DROS + dealer fee), $30 cash each additional receiver (dealer fee),
3) $175 cash or check (made to Ben Cannon) for each receiver.
4) A VALID state-issue photo ID.
5) Your PRINTED order confirmation!

If you head south on 680, exit Jacklin Road and turn right. You'll see a Shell station while exiting, and behind it a fitness center. We are on the first floor on the right side of the fitness center next to the clock tower. If you head north up 680, you'll turn left onto Jacklin Road and follow the same instructions.

* UPDATE: EVERYONE PLEASE: I HAVE TO PREPAY THESE THINGS VIA WIRE TRANSFER! Please treat your order as a contract to purchase. I won't be able to take cancelations unless the reasons are eggregious (ie mom's in hospital, I'm still a human being for christsakes!) DO NOT ORDER UNLESS YOU MEAN IT!
* UPDATE: We bought Lauer out, there are no more coming to the state, what you see in inventory is it.
* UPDATE: This is the central location to read about the NORCAL Group Buy.
* UPDATES will happen here.
* UPDATE: This thread will be purged regularily and all questions integrated into this first post! READ THIS ENTIRE POST before asking a question please![/size]

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IN FULL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE!

DUE TO VOLUME PMs CANNOT BE ANSWERED PERTAINING TO THIS ISSUE.

Alright folks, here's the info for phase two:

1. BEN AND SCATCH'S DISCLAIMER
* Neither Ben nor I are FFLs, however we've have put up our own money as a temporary loan to secure these things. You are simply repaying that private loan to us, that is ALL, we are not dealing in firearms, and you will be paying an FFL directly for the DROS/DEALER FEE.

2 .THE RECIEVERS
* They're stripped lowers. I have been led to belive they are made by LMT. Forged mil-spec 7075 T6 from "LAUER CUSTOM WEAPONRY" "LCW-15". The Price will be $175each, same as the socal group. LAUER is a great company with fanstastic service! We're overniting everything at great expense.

Here's a picture! (Link to larger version: http://www.cdglobal.net/gun/LCW-15.jpg )

3. THE FFL
* We have ONLY one FFL, in Milipitas--he is capable of accomodating our hectic schedule much better, which is required considering all circumstances.

* The name and address of the FFL will be posted here and mass-emailed the night before.

* UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE UNABLE AT THIS TIME TO ACCOMODATE FFL-FFL TRANSFERS! You MUST use our FFL, he's overworked as is. Sorry.

* You must be able to make your way to the FFL in Milipitas-- His fees ($25 DROS and DEALER FEES COMBINED, THIS IS THE TOTAL FEE) are $50 for the first receiver, $30 each thereafter.

Please note, DROS fees are apprximate and subject to availability. We may have to change FFLs, so plan on driving anywhere nessecary in the Bay Area.

4. DROS Dates
* see above.

5. PAYMENT OPTIONS
* PERSONAL CHECK IS MASSIVELY PREFERED! (made to Ben Cannon); certified funds (made to Ben Cannon); and CASH, are also acceptable. DROS fees MUST be paid in cash to FFLs. You will pay at the time you initiate your DROS so there is a guarantee you will actually recieve your lower! Ben has been kind enough to take all the risk and front the money, you are repaying him for a short term personal loan ONLY!

6. HOW TO SIGN UP - NEW INSTRUCTIONS HERE!!!
YOU MUST ORDER THROUGH THE PRIMATIVE SHOPPING CART WE HAVE (Scatch says: jimmy, not jurry <but Ben noticed that 1911_sfca said 'jurry-rigged' and posted a link! ) JURRY-RIGGED RIGHT HERE! CHECK-OUT (MAKE UP A CHECK NUMBER IT DOSEN'T MATTER) AND PRINT YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION TO BRING WITH YOU AND GIVE TO THE FFL!!!

* http://www.benjamincannon.net/firearms

YOU WILL NEED A PRINTED COPY OF YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION TO DROS!
If you don't get an e-mail confirmation copy, just print out the order from your web browser, that will suffice.

EMAIL: if your email confirmation dosen't come through, your ISP ate it because they hate your freedom. Just print out the last page on the website and bring that.

7. PAPERWORK
* We are going to try to get everyone a copy of the Calguns FAQ, and a hardcopy of the relivant DOJ letters on this matter. Also, we will be keeping everyone's e-mail and will update all Group Buyers of All Phases regarding DOJ action (ie, bans, registration.) Most of this will be done via mass e-mails, and calguns.net webforum. We'll take care of you after you purchase from our FFL, if/when the DOJ bans these you all will be notified immediately.

If you have questions, please REPLY IN THIS THREAD, not in PM. Everyone will have the same questions and I want to address them in a publically accessible mannar.

Thanks!

Scatch Maroo & Ben Cannon (artherd)
We are asking temporarily; do not send letters regarding AR/AK makers. Otherwise, know to contact the CA DOJ via CERTIFIED MAIL ONLY!
CPC 12276(a)-(c)&(e) FULL LIST of the Series Ban: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/aw.htm

Last edited by artherd : 01-13-2006 at 02:09 AM.

artherd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to artherd
Visit artherd's homepage!
Find all posts by artherd
Add artherd to Your Buddy List

#2          01-12-2006, 05:28 AM  
dlclingingsmith  
Junior Member   Join Date: Dec 2004

How-To Print Order to take to FFL?

Hi.

I got into the ordering section, and tried to bring up my order to print. How does one do that??

Thanks.

Debbie

dlclingingsmith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dlclingingsmith
Find all posts by dlclingingsmith
Add dlclingingsmith to Your Buddy List

#3          01-13-2006, 12:42 AM  
artherd  
Senior Member   Join Date: Oct 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJamie
Ben, could you please add "Women's T-Shirt" to the list of available styles?
Thanks.

Great idea! Tshirt thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=26762
We are asking temporarily; do not send letters regarding AR/AK makers. Otherwise, know to contact the CA DOJ via CERTIFIED MAIL ONLY!
CPC 12276(a)-(c)&(e) FULL LIST of the Series Ban: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/aw.htm

Last edited by artherd : 01-13-2006 at 02:03 AM.

artherd
View Public Profile

#4          01-13-2006, 01:08 AM  
artherd  

I Just put the last 15 in the cart (that's IT for now. Lauer is out, I have one more call to make tommorow to see if there will be a phase4)

artherd
View Public Profile

#5          01-13-2006, 01:12 AM  
artherd  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlclingingsmith
Hi.
I got into the ordering section, and tried to bring up my order to print. How does one do that??

You'll have to log-in. If you didn't create an account, then you'll have to print out your confirmation e-mail (if you can't do any of the above, just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll look it up for you.) We'll figure it out I promise!
-Ben.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#21]
thanks man, that isn't very considerate of the guests who are in on the norcal group buy for them to disable guest viewing hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I agree with a oldtimer at calguns. I liked it better before the "lower madness".

I agree with phish, there are a few people behaving rather, well, stupidly, and typing stuff in a public forum that they really shouldn't, or worse yet, trying to weasel verbal info from the CA DOJ.

These people will never learn.

THE ONLY LEGAL RESPONSE IS A WRITTEN RESPONSE FROM THE DOJ UPDATING THE CALIFORNIA REGULATIONS.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Some people just need to develop some patience and self-control.  With guys like some of those Calgun newbies it's no wonder our states gun laws are so screwed up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Any chance we can get regular updates on the norcal group buy thread? I was gonna take off work today to go DROS at Milpitas, but because the FFL was sick Thurs and I can only take off one day without missing too much work, I didn't want to risk going to Milpitas today if they weren't DROSing. I guess I'll take Monday, but if something happens over the weekend, I'd like to know.

Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#25]
EDIT: Since group buys must be approved by AR15.com staff, I have forwarded this thread to staff and a staff member can delete it if it's inappropriate. But for now, I'll leave the info up. Considering the circumstances, I really don't want to delete it, so I defer to staff. Thanks for understanding - Big_Bear

calguns link to group buy.

Quoted:
We'll try, but here's the SOCAL GB III

MODS: delete if you think this is inappropriate...

PART II worked pretty good with the FAXES, so why change success!!!!!!!!!!!!

DATES – ORDERS BEGIN IMMEDIATELY and
END PROMPTLY AT WEDNESDAY, 10 AM

CLOSED ALL DAY WEDNESDAY TO PROCESS AND SHIP ORDERS

Lauer Custom Weaponry- LCW-15

$$ 175.00 EA $$ PLUS DROS FEES TAX INCL

$$ 4 PER RCVR FOR SHIP

DROS $45-65 DEPENDS ON FFL

FFL LOCATIONS:
SAN DIEGO
SAN FERNANDO
RIVERSIDE
BAKERSFIELD/TAFT

RCVRS will be delivered for a JAN 19 DROS.

Payment options - Credit cards in advance prior to shipment to FFL.

FAX 909 864-0408

Name, First and Last
ADDRESS
PH# HOME AND CELL (PLS leave # where I can GET a hold of you 0800-2100)
FFL desired location
# of receivers requested

CC INFO
TYPE
ACCT
EXPIRATION
CVV (LAST THREE DIGITS ON BACK)

YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE PARAMETERS OR ELSE YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANY RECIEVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Some people just need to develop some patience and self-control.  With guys like some of those Calgun newbies it's no wonder our states gun laws are so screwed up.

You know what is sad about that site is you have  problems there.

1. Newbies that ask the same question over and over and over again
2. Tin Foil hatters.

And the WORST is:

3. The Elitists. they are FAR more worse than the other two combined. I just lurk there because I cannot get my DrFrige acct working but now that I think about it... I'll keep lurking instead. I learned so much from BWeise, Atherd and Wes (guy with the UCLA avatar) among a VERY few select others. But some of the others over there... GEEZ!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is the link to the new Bay Area group buy:  

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=26809
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Lighten up on the guys loosing their cool over the lowers fer crissakes. Some of them got into ARs after the ban and are stuck with FAB-10s. Show some sympathy to the wretches...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Lighten up on the guys loosing their cool over the lowers fer crissakes. Some of them got into ARs after the ban and are stuck with FAB-10s. Show some sympathy to the wretches...

LOL... You got a point!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Just so everyone knows Calguns.net is once again opened to guests.  There was also a problem with registration because emails need to be validated in able to allow full privileges. That’s a good security feature.

I hope that people who have a problem registering notify the admin instead of complaining elsewhere expecting their problems to solve themselves.  

This is not even mentioning the typical problems with new posters who have no tact.
What’s a board to do start banning them?
Might as well close registration then.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Just so everyone knows Calguns.net is once again opened to guests.  There was also a problem with registration because emails need to be validated in able to allow full privileges. That’s a good security feature.

I hope that people who have a problem registering notify the admin instead of complaining elsewhere expecting their problems to solve themselves.  

When I tried notifying them, that didn't seem to be working either. No matter now, once the registration reopened, I registered! Now to just wait for the OTHER registration period to open up
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Still trying to think of something good for my first post over there, so I don't seem like a noob.

BTW, it must be back up now because I had no problem logging in just now.

Maybe for a first post, you can post something along the lines of

" I hear there is a way to by an AR machine gun now. How do I get it, and can I get the one with the grenade launcher? I want to get it before the boss at the DOJ comes out of her coma, because I heard from my uncle's barber's domestic partner that when she does, she will ban all guns."

dats some funny shietz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top