Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:05 PM EDT
Anyone watching Dallas Swat on the A&E channel?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be called "Dallas SWAT cop relationship show".  zzzzzzzz

I can see the intimate lives of SWAT cops at work and in my house.  I want to see shit getting blown up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It was pretty weak.. :( They could have replaced the 20 min. of "relationship" bs with video of shooting and flashbangs... Hell I (along with most people here) would of been happy if they spent the whole hour talking about there gear.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I was pretty dissapointed as well. I wanted to see more of their gear than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Dallas SWAT is a great show... I (just like TX swat) know pretty much all of the guys on the team and they are squared away and are a very tight group of shooters. Even the camera guy who did the filming is a cool guy who has done alot and seen some shit in his day.He was the same guy who filmed the TX SWAT series as well as the series on the South African Police SWAT team. Freeking guy is nutts...He showed me a video of him getting shot up in a Taxi cab in A Stan by an angry group of Hajjis... As for there tactics everyone is different I really see this on the training side as I work with all different agencies across the country and everyone has different SOPs. I know of agency’s that won’t even go near a Meth house without everyone wearing a gas mask and having a Hazmat team outside.
So I guess different strokes for different folks what works for them seems to work very well.
As for the relationships bit I think they threw that in so people can see what its like to be a SWAT guy both on the job and at home and shows how the job can affect someone’s WHOLE life and everyone in it as being a team guy is a way of life. Just my 2 cents if anyone gives a shit.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope, I thought the show sucked, so did our team
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I watched it last night for the first time and was very disappointed.  I too was expecting to see more training scenes, action scenes, or an explaination of their special weapons and tactics, rather than a guy hamming it up for the camera by making his family dinner.  As his wife was saying, this guy cooking dinner is not a normal behavior.  Also, I caught a SWAT officer saying that a barricaded suspect possesed an "automatic" handgun; not a semi-auto.  Not what I hoped for.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]
But with the touchy feely sh*t I can get my wife to watch a gun show!
But how often in a cop show do they show a real op with the idiot getting shot for his stupidity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top