Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 2:20:14 AM EDT
I was watching the channel 5 10 o'clock news Tuesday night and Hal Fishman did a commentary on guns. I thought I was going to her the same BS I usually hear, which is usually negative comments about guns and gun ownership.

He started out talking about a article he read in the LA Times about a shooting, and a woman that was quoted as saying guns are bad and this and that. He then says he disagrees with these comments. He then  goes on and says all the good uses for guns from sport shooting to self defense. He then gives statistics about automobile deaths per year while I believe he said 50,000 or so, and says that maybe we shoul ban cars because of all the deaths. He then says the same about knives, a suregon can save a life with one, and a murder can take a life, as they are only tools, and he goes on. He even says Washington DC hac the most strict gun control laws in the country, yet have the highest murder rate., then says where gun owership is legal, you have less crime. It was refreshinbg to hear all the positives he gave in refrrence to gun owership, on a major station here in SoCal.

Just thought I would pass it along.

RF
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
"Great commentary, Hal. Now clear your desk. You're fired." Management.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
well knock me over with a feather.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear this about Hal.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
hal is my pal
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Hal, I'm sorry I missed that. Hal is bigtime into aviation, KTLA will report even the most minor aircraft mishap in Armpit, Idaho. But I kinda dig it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always like Hal.  My family would always watch channel 5 news when I was growing up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like they put his commentaries up online but this episode hasn't made it yet:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/eveningnews/ktla-news-fishman-commentary,0,5509066.storygallery?coll=ktla-news-2&news

The videos aren't working with my computer, so when it does come online, I and I'm sure others would be appreciative if someone could make it into a file and make it available
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I'll be! I've been actively avoiding watching TV news for a long while since I've been so disgusted by all of the sensationalism and bias that I've perceived. Now that I've heard this about Hal, I think I'll vote with my thumb and start watching the KTLA news.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't know if it will do any good, but I sent the station a thank you email for portraying a positive and accurate firearms story.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I few years(probably closer to 10) ago, on the his 10pm News broadcaste, they showed a short clip a new FN machine gun, forget what model though, obvous the footage was a promo vid from the manufacturer.  Never saw it again after that one showing.  KTLA-Los Angeles has recently after taken over by Tribune and now is hand-in-hand with the Los Angeles Times has taken a left turn recently.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Hal Fishman for GOV. Lets see if we can get the old guy to run.. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top