Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
First let me state that if this info. shouldn't be posted, Mod please delete.

A few people have done a lot of work for the rest of us on this issue.  I am not one of them.  The info. I'm posting is from www.calguns.net.  Hopefully, those that have done the work, don't mind me posting this.  If you do, please send me an e-mail and I will delete it.  Thank you for your hard work on this issue.

If you don't know anything about this hole AR/AK thing, PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER:
A California AR/AK “Series” Assault Weapon FAQ

If you still have questions, please use the search function here & at Calguns.net, view pages of posts, and finally ask your questions.  Most questions have already been answered.

For those that have an FFL willing to transfer, PLEASE ASK THEM IF IT'S OK BEFORE GIVING OUT THEIR CONTACT INFO. (I know a certain dealer that was none too pleased when some stranger called and starting asking about AR's.  He got this dealers contact info. from this board!)

For the newbie:  Your not building an assault rifle AR.  Your building a fixed 10 shot (fab 10/ vulcan style) AR.  If there comes a time when your legally bought 10 rounder can be registered as an AR, great.  Register it and do as you wish.  But as for now, your intent is to build a 10 rounder.

There is plenty of info. available on how to build your 10 rounder (books, internet, etc.).  If you don't know how, I'm sure someone here or at calguns can lead you in the right direction.

As far as the AK issue, if you can get an "off list" AK into CA without a pistol grip attached than good luck.  To me, this is no different than the Robinson Arm or FAL without pistol grip.  DOJ & others here may disagree.

Here's the "on-list" AR & AK's: On list AR & AK

Hopefully this info. has been helpful to those that are trying to understand all this.  Please feel free to add anymore USEFUL info. here.  I don't want this to turn into a "you can't do that" debate.  Again, if I stepped on any toes or if this info. isn't appropriate here, please send me an e-mail and I'll delete it.  Enjoy your CA legal AR or AK!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sooooo, what about FAL recievers?????
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sooooo, what about FAL recievers?????

FAL receivers are currently legal in CA as long as they are built up SB23 compliant.  Fixed 10 round mag, or no pistol grip.  - just like DSA would sell to us here

The only problem is the availability of the receivers and prices are going up
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Um, FN-FAL receivers were banned by orig 1989 Roberti-Roos law.

FAL clone  receivers are legal, as long as they are not built up into

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I meant to ask specifically about DSA FAL receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top