Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 6:47:19 PM EDT
Heard from a friend that they banned body armor sales to civilians.
Is this true?
Is it just sales, or does it ban possession?
Need to know if I need to buy something before Jan 1.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No ban on body armor in the state at all. I sometimes see signs on body armor at the gunshows that state that legistators are trying to ban but so far, this is not the case. It is a felony with additional years added to your sentence if you are convicted of some felonies while wearing body armor but generally it is not illegal to own or possess.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC possession of body armor by a felon is a felony.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IIRC possession of body armor by a felon is a felony.

That actually sounds fair.  How's about the DOJ accepts that principal for AW, CCW ect..
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No ban on body armor in the state at all. I sometimes see signs on body armor at the gunshows that state that legistators are trying to ban but so far, this is not the case. It is a felony with additional years added to your sentence if you are convicted of some felonies while wearing body armor but generally it is not illegal to own or possess.

Yup. I saw a vendor at Crossroads gunshow with this claim of "soon to be banned" in large print. That was two years ago. They still have the sign up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Heard from a friend that they banned body armor sales to civilians.
Is this true?
Is it just sales, or does it ban possession?
Need to know if I need to buy something before Jan 1.
Thanks

you're ok if not a felon.. checked out the laws last week..started taking tactical pistol classes and the instructor stresses that you wear it.. place in san diego selling point blank on ebay for reasonable prices.. do your homework before buying. not all armor is the same..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted: place in san diego selling point blank on ebay for reasonable prices.. do your homework before buying. not all armor is the same..

Who is this? got a link?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top