Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 4:36:21 PM EDT
So at the last minute this PN1 tells me I'm eligible for the CPO exam and I want to punch him in the mouth right because I have no time left to prepare.  However let's just say the God of Abraham is on my side and make board.  If I have never been a LPO at see would I still have a shot at making it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me get this straight.  You are a First Class, never taken the CPO Exam before, and you call us out like this?

I hope you make it.  And I hope you make it in San Diego.  I'll help initiate your ass.

To answer your question, it all depends on the quotas.  The more they advance to FCC, the better your chances.

Paul is right about what is nreeded to advance to Chief.  Only thing I have to add is Evals.  Do you have EPs with a numbered ranking?  They really help.

Good luck and God bless...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Cousin was a Master Chief and a SEAL as well. Just retired after 20 + years and is now a civvie contractor.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you make it.  And I hope you make it in San Diego.  I'll help initiate your ass.

We could be his dream-team legal defense.

you ---><--- me

I'm sure we could get his fines reduced!

Not if I get ahold of his charge book.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
You god damn right I called you all out, otherwise you would still be sitting around working on the signature E-7 and above pot belly.  

All joking aside.  Thanks for the inputs.

I'm on recruiting duty, my first shore tour (if one would call recruiting shore duty). I'll have 8 years of service in a few days. I made 1'st class the first time up.  I'm the recruiter-in-charge of my station. EP sailor.

Recruiting duty encourages sailors to and wants them to be cocky, squared away go-getters.  

I never put in big numbers while I was a bag-toting recruiter because I wouldn't say anything to get the contracts like the big number writers do. Example, "Ya bro, you could fly an F-18 as an enlisted person.... there is McDonald's on aircraft carriers etc.."  I have taken the approach of recruiting to help out young people. Sometimes in some situations enlisting in the Navy might not be the right choice and I tell people that.  

Anyhow I have seen my fellow FC1's go to instructor duty and make Chief and I wonder if I did the right thing sometimes. This job is a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So at the last minute this PN1 tells me I'm eligible for the CPO exam and I want to punch him in the mouth right because I have no time left to prepare.  However let's just say the God of Abraham is on my side and make board.  If I have never been a LPO at see would I still have a shot at making it?

You don't know when you're eligible to take a rating exam, and you're going to blame  your PN?  That's funny.

Up for chief at 8 years is pretty awesome.  Good luck to you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top