Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 9:12:19 PM EDT
Posted this in cal guns, but i'm so happy i'm extending my post to hear too!

I picked up my 3 st-g lowers today.  I have two uppers at home ready to go and  built my .223 today.  Pics attached include how i fixed the magazine (you will need a wrench to undo this - tool).  Lower was pretty simple to do really, basic tools and be careful not to lose any of the springs or detents, took about 1.5 hours total.  Next build would take 30-45min.  I'll build up a .40 cal later on.  This setup is a st-g lower, RRA lower parts kit, Bushmaster 10-round mag, Calvary Arms 6-position stock, tango down grip, st-g m4 upper with RRA eotech dominator mount and an eotech 511 scope.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/m3elmo/Cup%20Shots/IMG_7510ar15.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/m3elmo/Cup%20Shots/IMG_7515.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/m3elmo/Cup%20Shots/IMG_7517.jpg
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice just need some tan handguards to make it match!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
congrats on your "first born"!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!

Wow, real receivers again
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Mmmmm, that looks real purdy!  I'm ordering mine in about an hour and 45 minutes.  I can't wait!

ETA:  I ordered 2 Stags.  I should have ordered more, but I gotta leave some for everybody else!  
(that, and I don't want to get even further in debt than I already am!)
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Humm, I got 3 myself (registered) but I NEED MORE
Nice setup.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
i'm jealously scrambling to get a few myself.  seems like i'm always 1 step too late
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Can anyone PM me with information on AK receivers (OF GOOD QUALITY) that are not on the list????

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still waiting...

I hate you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can anyone PM me with information on AK receivers (OF GOOD QUALITY) that are not on the list????

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK.

build up an 80%?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like somebody made a trip through the Kern County area...

For anyone who likes spicy food, here's directions to a little roach coach that is in Bakersfield that makes some BITCHIN breakfast burritos.

This place isn't too far out of the way if you are coming from the LA area.    Just spend a few more minutes on the 99 Freeway heading north.     The spot in question is just east on Panama Lane, it is in a Chevron parking lot on the south side of the road.    TACOS LOCOS, can't miss it in the Chevron parking lot.    Remember that CHEVRON PARKING LOT, there's another roach coach that is in the opposite parking lot sometimes and he's like a hemroid clinging to the business of the primo Tacos Locos truck.

What do you want to get?

Get the PASTRAMI breakfast burritos and they hit like a rock.     Pepper jack cheese, hash browns, a bit of egg, a good amount of pastrami, and a bit of ranch style beans.      Get the hot sauce to try, it's got a bit of heat to it but isn't blow your socks off hot.

Once you grab your burritos you can hop back on the 99 to head south to Taft highway and it's only 30 minutes west to Taft.

I'm a Bakersfield resident and I'm tellin you guys, the roach coach is GOOD EATS.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm assuming it's not a semi-auto?

NTM
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I suppose our friend converted those rec'rs to non-detachable magazine-type rifles.

Check out the new Bushmaster if you want your own. They're about $1000.

They feature a non-detachable 10-round mag that loads by tipping-open
the upper rec'r group and loading in rounds directly into the magazine.

(Sorry if the posting is considered a hijack!)

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Elmo, where did you buy that fixed magazine kit?  I saw it online once, but I forgot what the website was.  I have a couple of receivers on the way, and I want to convert one of them so it's legal under the current definition of Kalifornia's AWB.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#16]
the kit is through the use of a nut and a washer.  Look closely at the pictures and that's what it is!  I went through the nuts i had hear that match the mag catch thread, and a nylon washer to make sure it doesn't scratch.  Sorry i don't remember the thread size off the top of my head though.

to others.  rifle is a fixed magazine example.  it complies with all regulations in california and is not a class 1, 2, or 3 weapon by definition.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Careful with that "nut and washer" build... though it requires a tool to detach the mag, I've heard that the DOJ still considers it a detachable mag when in regards to AR style rifles.  Riles like the FAL are one of the few they consider to be non-detachable without the means of tool when using a "nut and washer".  AR's however don't apply... they want something more permanent... such as pinned/welded mag well.  Just my 2 cents heads up... it pissed me off too to find that out.

Technowizard

edited: made minor clearification
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Careful with that "nut and washer" build... though it requires a tool to detach the mag, I've heard that the DOJ still considers it a detachable mag when in regards to AR style rifles.

i'm pretty certain you are incorrect in your statement.  You mentioned you "heard" but from where and what reliable source?  It is not a detachable mag since you require a tool to detach it.  A tool in this case would be pliers, or a wrench, your figners won't cut it since it's also a nylon nut.  Many others have done this.

no one with these lowers is going to mess it up by welding it or glueing it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#19]
no no I'm in total agreement with you, for heaven's sake don't jack up your receiver by welding/pinning it!  I knew you were going to bring up the "heard" part, but its been a while and I'm sure it was here on the board that I found out about it.  You might want to write/e-mail the DOJ and ask if that configuration with that specific unlisted receiver is legal.  At the very least find out for sure before taking it anywhere outside your home.  The ol' nut and washer routine has been around for a while... and though I can't find the info off hand, I'm sure there's a reason for the expensive extremes of welding/pinning... versus the ease and reversibility of $1 for a nut and washer!

Technowizard
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#20]
who do you guys get to transfer these lowers in? most transfer dealers in my area would be VERY afraid of doing a transfer on one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top