BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 2:26:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes the Polytech is legal, It is a semi auto only chinese clone of the M14. This one appears to come woth the solid fake flash hider so it is completely Kali legal. I have two of these rifles that I have used as the basis for custom rifles. Smith Enterprise currently has one that they are making into one of their "Crazy Horse" rifles. Of course I have to have a Klaifornia legal muzzle brake instead of the Vortex flash hider.
The Polytec receivers are great, forged receivers. Bolts are generally junk. Op rods have mixed reviews. My two were great dimensionally but I had them re-heat treated by Smith Enterprise just in case. The going rate that I have seen them are in the $550-$650.00 range. Personally I would pass on anything higher than $600.00

Gunner
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a NIB Poly for $650 and I love it.  Mine also had the fake FH so I put on a muzzle break when it got here.  I replaced the bolt with a USGI one and had it fitted by Warbird.  I also changed out the stock with a stock from Fred's and painted it myself after installing a bipod.  It's a great gun to do a project like this on.  If you don't have an M1a, this is a great one to start on although that price is pretty high..
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
why are M1A's legal here but similar guns with pistol grips not?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Because, the pistol grip is one of the most deadly attributes on any firearm.  You've seen the movies, where a guy has been pistol whipped.  Well it is the grip that does al the damage, those things are deadly.
How about the LA bank robberries with the full auto weapons.  It was the pistol grip that caused those guns to go full auto.  Pistol grip technology has come a long way, and I fear soon, that they may take over the world.  Fortunately for us in Kali they have banned them in certain instances.  We are definitlely leading the way.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because, the pistol grip is one of the most deadly attributes on any firearm.  You've seen the movies, where a guy has been pistol whipped.  Well it is the grip that does al the damage, those things are deadly.
How about the LA bank robberries with the full auto weapons.  It was the pistol grip that caused those guns to go full auto.  Pistol grip technology has come a long way, and I fear soon, that they may take over the world.  Fortunately for us in Kali they have banned them in certain instances.  We are definitlely leading the way.

Agreed.

The amazing CA state legislators correctly hypotesized from their astounding experience with firearms that a pistol grip and flash hider are the DEADLIEST portions of the firearms.

To test this hypothesis simply shoot a watermelon at 50 meters with a rifle BUT DO NOT use one with a pistol grip or flash hider; said watermelon will be completely unharm. Now do the same with a rifle which has a pistol grip and flash hider and you will destroy not only the watermelon but 10 puppies.

And as we all clearly know that a detachable magazine of more than 10 rounds capacity can turn ANY weapon (of course rimfires aren't real weapons) into a truly effective DEATH BRINGER.

Yes the children must be save from the pistol grip, flash hider (doesn't that sound just evil) detachable magazine weapons. We all know only NAZI DEATHSQUADS employ such configurations (saved the state and local government of course, we all know they're not Nazi's) to kill puppies.

Of course I happen to spend most of my year in AZ and boy if that state isn't irresponsible to allow all those ASSAULT weapons. Everyday 10 million people are assaulted with assault weapons, because we all know that's why they're called assault weapons. They even allow fully automatic weapons and silencers as well as SBR. Can you imagine a CRIMINAL with a fully auto M16 robbing a liquor store? God forbid if his summer home at Lake Havasu needs new tweed furnishing and his trust fund doesn't allow for such niceties. I'm glad a state such as CA doesn't allow full auto weapons, because we all know the common criminals would go and buy them since they all seem to have at least 10k of disposable income laying around.

I own a rental property in CA and wouldn't want a NAZI DEATHSQUAD with CHEAP fully automatic weapons killing the puppies living in my house. Because we all know 20 somethings paying 2k a month in rent and driving BMW's would automatically become THUGS if such weapons were allowed.

Ah the joy of CA.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes the Polytech is legal, It is a semi auto only chinese clone of the M14. The going rate that I have seen them are in the $550-$650.00 range. Personally I would pass on anything higher than $600.00

Where can Poly M14s be found for under $600?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes the Polytech is legal, It is a semi auto only chinese clone of the M14. The going rate that I have seen them are in the $550-$650.00 range. Personally I would pass on anything higher than $600.00

Where can Poly M14s be found for under $600?

I think you could probably find those prices years ago but they may now be long past, especially for new in box.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Usually in the 800-900 range, today........maybe I shop in the wrong places
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

The amazing CA state legislators correctly hypotesized from their astounding experience with firearms that a pistol grip and flash hider are the DEADLIEST portions of the firearms.

To test this hypothesis simply shoot a watermelon at 50 meters with a rifle BUT DO NOT use one with a pistol grip or flash hider; said watermelon will be completely unharm. Now do the same with a rifle which has a pistol grip and flash hider and you will destroy not only the watermelon but 10 puppies.

And as we all clearly know that a detachable magazine of more than 10 rounds capacity can turn ANY weapon (of course rimfires aren't real weapons) into a truly effective DEATH BRINGER.

Yes the children must be save from the pistol grip, flash hider (doesn't that sound just evil) detachable magazine weapons. We all know only NAZI DEATHSQUADS employ such configurations (saved the state and local government of course, we all know they're not Nazi's) to kill puppies.

Of course I happen to spend most of my year in AZ and boy if that state isn't irresponsible to allow all those ASSAULT weapons. Everyday 10 million people are assaulted with assault weapons, because we all know that's why they're called assault weapons. They even allow fully automatic weapons and silencers as well as SBR. Can you imagine a CRIMINAL with a fully auto M16 robbing a liquor store? God forbid if his summer home at Lake Havasu needs new tweed furnishing and his trust fund doesn't allow for such niceties. I'm glad a state such as CA doesn't allow full auto weapons, because we all know the common criminals would go and buy them since they all seem to have at least 10k of disposable income laying around.

I own a rental property in CA and wouldn't want a NAZI DEATHSQUAD with CHEAP fully automatic weapons killing the puppies living in my house. Because we all know 20 somethings paying 2k a month in rent and driving BMW's would automatically become THUGS if such weapons were allowed.

Ah the joy of CA.

Damn it, you made me spit coke all over my keyboard!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top