Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 7:00:55 PM EDT
By the end of January, there are going to be a few hundred, at least, more registered AR-15s in California.  A lot of us are going to need good, basic parts kits... no magazines, but everything else.  Who has good service, good parts, and good prices?

I have to be pre-emptive about M-A Parts... I can't think about them without picturing Darth Vader, and would much prefer to buy from someone else.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it will be more then a few hundred, according to one dealer he has moved over 500 alone
The ee is a great place to find kits, take a look.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm up for it

Steve
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
well......
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
just be careful....

remember that yours won't be registered yet so having a pistol grip on it will be a no-no. If I had one, I would personally rather wait until it was registered to do anything with it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I could provide parts kits in two shipments.  The first would be all parts EXCEPT the pistol grip.  Then I would arrand a second shipment with the pistol grips.

If I send all of the kits to one address, I won't charge extra.  If I have to ship to multiple locations, add $10 per order.

JK

You have email.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#7]
tag, keep me posted.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just be careful....

remember that yours won't be registered yet so having a pistol grip on it will be a no-no. If I had one, I would personally rather wait until it was registered to do anything with it.

I won't be buying any parts until after it's registered.  I'm not going to leave the slightest chance of a "constructive possession" argument
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#9]
My advice as well.  Do not do anything with that receiver until it is actually put on the list and you have received official notice that your registration is completed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
What receiver?  Who is selling them?  What is the price?  Where are they located?  How do I get one?

There's lots of talk but it sound like it's all hype.  Where's the beef?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My advice as well.  Do not do anything with that receiver until it is actually put on the list and you have received official notice that your registration is completed.

This would be a wise move........
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I could provide parts kits in two shipments.  The first would be all parts EXCEPT the pistol grip.  Then I would arrand a second shipment with the pistol grips.

If I send all of the kits to one address, I won't charge extra.  If I have to ship to multiple locations, add $10 per order.

JK

What would that make the total cost then?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What receiver?  Who is selling them?  What is the price?  Where are they located?  How do I get one?

There's lots of talk but it sound like it's all hype.  Where's the beef?

The beef is, I've started DROS on three receivers and the fourth is waiting for my mom to go in and start her DROS.

The beef, what's left of it, would be at calguns.net  CA DOJ is busy scaring dealers into not going along with this until they can amend the list.  If you absolutely break yourself, you might still be able to hop this train.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
please send info.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think it will be more then a few hundred, according to one dealer he has moved over 500 alone
The ee is a great place to find kits, take a look.

that's a huge amount, i thought it would be hard to move that much w/o the DOJ all over you as in other instances.

i just buy  my stuff online, no need for a group buy.

if you purchase in state, whatever you save in the group buy you add in tax.  shipping is like nothing, i had an upper, stock, parts kit and all that good stuff shipped for 8 bucks.  that alone woulda cost $60 in tax
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#16]
How many of you are going to install the AR15plus.com 10 mag kit until the receivers are added to the list?  I am thinking about it...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How many of you are going to install the AR15plus.com 10 mag kit until the receivers are added to the list?  I am thinking about it...

Not me.  These are going to be listed and eligible for registration so fast, I doubt you could get the 9+1 kit in time ;)  Besides, I stick by my wanting to stay as far away from a "constructive possession" beef as I possibly can... until my lowers are done with registration, I will have no other AR parts, period, except the magazines I bought years ago.  And those are probably at my moms house somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me.  These are going to be listed and eligible for registration so fast, I doubt you could get the 9+1 kit in time ;)  Besides, I stick by my wanting to stay as far away from a "constructive possession" beef as I possibly can... until my lowers are done with registration, I will have no other AR parts, period, except the magazines I bought years ago.  And those are probably at my moms house somewhere.

If I was a gambling man I would bet money the list will be updated by the end of next week.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If I was a gambling man I would bet money the list will be updated by the end of next week.

My thoughts exactly. Someone over at Calguns said DOJ told a dealer out of state that it was Jan 12, but I think that is BS to try and trap people. If I were you, I would plan like time was ending tomorrow and ever day extra was a blessing. Find your sellers, get an FFL in line, start the DROS and get the hell out of Dodge. I seriously think by Monday of next week (as in 9 days or so, not in 2 days) this will be all over.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#20]
What is this commotion about??? I'm lost here guys.  What kind of lower are we talking about here? Vulcan? or is cali open up another registration where we can buy detactable magazine lower? Please hold my hand all the way!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#21]
*if* i can get a lower i would be in for the group buy!

for the poster above, start by going to calguns.net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top