Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2005 6:12:15 PM EDT
I saw a striped Vulcan lower for $300 buck, is that a good price for a striped vulcan lower? Please let me know.  Thanks Yall.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a "great" price.  Irvington Arms in the Bay Area has/had them for $265 + DROS/tax.  Came to $315 OTD.   I believe the dealer price is $168 and *I've heard* there is usually a $100 dealer mark up.  So I would think $260-$270 is about right.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW!! the place i was referring to was Sonoma Firearm.  Do you guys think he can make it $300 out the door?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Advise him that Newtown Firearms (45 min east of Sacramento) has them for $259 or $269. Ask if he wants to price match. If not, take a drive. It's worth it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I bought mine from Sonoma Firearms for $280 out the door.  That was like back in the spring.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I paid $289.00 for mine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up two from River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento (Special Ordered)  for $269 each. The lowers are pricey but until we can get some other types :-) this will have to do. Also, mine are in really good shape and don't look bad at all. I have loaded the mags a few times and did a little compression testing and the follower goes all the way to the bottom of the mag nice and smooth. Hopefully I won't have to swap the mag.
BTW, I heard the glue is Brownells Acraglass if that helps in the replacement process. Whatever is on mine is applied in a neat and clean fashion. and not oozing out of the mag release. I should be testing this week sometime.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not a "great" price.  Irvington Arms in the Bay Area has/had them for $265 + DROS/tax.  Came to $315 OTD.   I believe the dealer price is $168 and *I've heard* there is usually a $100 dealer mark up.  So I would think $260-$270 is about right.  

+1

Vulcan also charges your dealer $12.00 shipping PER lower. So if they order 10 lowers they pay $120 in shipping I'd give "Big Mac" a call, he's good people.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]

I just picked up two from River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento (Special Ordered) for $269 each. The lowers are pricey but until we can get some other types :-) this will have to do. Also, mine are in really good shape and don't look bad at all. I have loaded the mags a few times and did a little compression testing and the follower goes all the way to the bottom of the mag nice and smooth. Hopefully I won't have to swap the mag.
BTW, I heard the glue is Brownells Acraglass if that helps in the replacement process. Whatever is on mine is applied in a neat and clean fashion. and not oozing out of the mag release. I should be testing this week sometime.

Really!! River City Gun exchange has it too? do you know if they have them in stock? cuz i would like to get one too.  Anyways, $269 out the door or is it just by itself that is $269?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:05:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I had River City Gun Exchange special order them for me. It was $269 each + tax +DROS. It only took about  a week and a half to get them in.  Someone mentioned that Newtons(?) Firearms in Placerville carries them. They may have some in stock.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#10]
260+?
So Vulcan has gone the way of Shoeless Clueless?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sonoma Firearms email me back saying that he'll do $325 out the door.  What do you guys think? Am i better off else where or should i take the deal? Please help a brother out.  How much did you guys get your out the door?? that mean Tax + DROS fee.  Thanks guys, i really appreciate all the help.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, how far is the nearest competing dealer?  If Sonoma Firearms is the only guy within, say, 30 miles, you might as well just buy it from them.  Your going to spend that extra 10 bucks that you might save elsewhere, on gas!    
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sonoma Firearms email me back saying that he'll do $325 out the door.  What do you guys think? Am i better off else where or should i take the deal? Please help a brother out.  How much did you guys get your out the door?? that mean Tax + DROS fee.  Thanks guys, i really appreciate all the help.

That's only $10 more than the guy down here in Fremont. I guess it's pretty much the going rate then.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys are paying way too much.. lowers are between $95-$125.00 from an out of state source.  

I can't accept the liability if it turns out your local district attorney finds your weapon illegal, so unfortunately I can't give you any dealer info.  Do the research on out of state dealers, and you will find better prices, and use the local FFL for the transfer.  Do not even bother with the big companies they are not willing to send any to California.

Those charging those rediculous prices are price gouging and are just as bad as the poiliticians themselves.  Please take the time to do your own research.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You guys are paying way too much.. lowers are between $95-$125.00 from an out of state source.  

I can't accept the liability if it turns out your local district attorney finds your weapon illegal, so unfortunately I can't give you any dealer info.  Do the research on out of state dealers, and you will find better prices, and use the local FFL for the transfer.  Do not even bother with the big companies they are not willing to send any to California.

Those charging those rediculous prices are price gouging and are just as bad as the poiliticians themselves.  Please take the time to do your own research.

He's talking about the Vulcan CA legal lower with pinned magazine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually no.. I am talking about lower receivers you could personally configure as long as you keep them legal as mentioned in the DOJ reply letters in this forum.. STAG, DSA, Etc..  Do your own research and you can find  better price than $200-$400 rediculous.  They should be prosecuted for price gouging..  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Actually no.. I am talking about lower receivers you could personally configure as long as you keep them legal as mentioned in the DOJ reply letters in this forum.. STAG, DSA, Etc..  Do your own research and you can find  better price than $200-$400 rediculous.  They should be prosecuted for price gouging..  

You are talking about the currently available non listed stripped lowers.  

The original post was for the stripped CA legal Vulcan lowers, at the date of the first post, no one (very, very few) knew about the ability to bring in other lowers.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are talking about the currently available non listed stripped lowers.  

The original post was for the stripped CA legal Vulcan lowers, at the date of the first post, no one (very, very few) knew about the ability to bring in other lowers.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I see.. Blue was talking bout he..he  not he me.. roger as you were...  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a built up Vulcan for sale, the pin is replaced with a setscrew for maintance and easy replacement of chessy mag. Im in the bay area and this would be a PPT if you want to save some $$.

$300  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top