Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 3:35:51 PM EDT
I live in California.  What magazine size (# of rounds) can I buy, sell, trade, give-away, ect.?  What magazine size can I bring into the state?  What magazine size can I buy from out of state?  What are all the little rules that one needs to know to buy 10+ round magazines in CA and stay out of trouble with the law?  Thanks, solsysadm
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The only mags you are allowed to buy, trade, bring in to Kali are 10rnd and under magazines. Pretty much anything over 10rnds is a no go if you plan to get them now.

If you had high cap mags prior to 2000 you are allowed to keep them. But they can only be disposed of outside of Kali.

The mag police are watching  Yeah right!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=210026
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I live in California.  What magazine size (# of rounds) can I buy, sell, trade, give-away, ect.?  What magazine size can I bring into the state?  What magazine size can I buy from out of state?  What are all the little rules that one needs to know to buy 10+ round magazines in CA and stay out of trouble with the law?  Thanks, solsysadm

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
whered this guy go
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't you read my first post?

He shows up and his first post aggresively asks you to aid in doing something illegal. Am I the only one whose "Danger Will NeoWeird! Danger!" alarm went off?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Officially 10rds or less mags are legal unless they were owned prior to the ban.

Or according to Sportsmansguide, we are only allowed 9rds or less
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:Or according to Sportsmansguide, we are only allowed 9rds or lesshr

Well, according to Sportsman's Guide, ammunition in most of CA is illegal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Well according to CTD anything that holds more ammo than a factory mag, including an 8 round mag for a 1911, is high capcaity and illegal here. I can't wait for one of them to start saying "[pistol type] can't be sold in California because it's not on the safety roster, we can't sell parts/mags/ammo for it."
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dude, don't be stupid.  Be safe and ONLY buy 10 round magazines.  And you know what?  I don't appreciate you asking about breaking our fabulous laws.  If you ask one more time, I'm going to have to report you to the magazine police.  I'm warning ya....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top