Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 10:20:43 PM EDT
I am looking for a post of a California flag that has the Russian Bear and says somthing to the affect; "People's Republic of Califorina." Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
This one?

ETA: I am pretty sure that bear (isn't it a Brown Bear?) isn't from Russia. In fact, I am fairly positive it is native here and nowhere else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=252200

look at the bottom of page
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This one?

www.library.ca.gov/history/symbols/bearflag.jpg

ETA: I am pretty sure that bear (isn't it a Brown Bear?) isn't from Russia. In fact, I am fairly positive it is native here and nowhere else.

It's a Grizzly Bear, the one that was killed off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Good riddance to the Ca. grizzly.

with the way the tree huggers run this state the last thing I would want to do is be camping and run into one of those massive things.

Black bears give me pause for concern as it is already.    I don't want a bigger badder bear than that thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Not mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

with the way the tree huggers run this state the last thing I would want to do is be camping and run into one of those massive things.

Black bears give me pause for concern as it is already.    I don't want a bigger badder bear than that thanks.

Yeah.  Besides, bald eagles and spotted owls are much tastier.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am no tree hugger, but aren't you saddened by the loss of a magnificent creature? Man I have seen Grizzlies in Montana and crap they are huge! But beautiful as hell. I grew up around bears in Sierra County, Ca, and as much as they annoy/rape/pillage/eat children, they are awesome creatures.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am no tree hugger, but aren't you saddened by the loss of a magnificent creature? Man I have seen Grizzlies in Montana and crap they are huge! But beautiful as hell. I grew up around bears in Sierra County, Ca, and as much as they annoy/rape/pillage/eat children, they are awesome creatures.

and tasty too if prepared right
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and tasty too if prepared right

I've eaten some predatory wild game (lion, crocodile, etc.).  I didn't think predatory game tasted very good, and considering that I eat sushi, chile verde burritos and kimchee (not all together), it's not as though I have delicate tastes.  JMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top