BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 5:22:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

3.0 - local magnitude (ML) at 6:22:10 nearly dead nutz center under my house - 5.3 miles down.

3.0?? Are you sure it wasn't just gophers
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
wussy

j/k a 3 right underneath is quite suprizing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It felt like the 5 something we had a couple months ago - but that guy was about 20 miles away.

I love them - my little wife comes in and clings to me like a shaking leaf.

That one was actually ACROSS THE STREET from my parents house. This one I didn't even feel
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
<snip>
I love them - my little wife comes in and clings to me like a shaking leaf.
</snip>

ahhh yess, the best part of tremblers.

whenever we feel a shaker up here, all the girlies call me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel earthquakes, but if they're not 5.0 or greater, I just wait until it stops shaking and go one with whatever I'm doing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It always cracks me up when someone who lives in tornadoe or hurricane country tells me how they would never live anywhere that has earthquakes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Several things I can't get about fear of catastrophes:

- People afraid of underground areas caving in. I even talked to someone who said they would never ride the subway for that very reason.

- Fear of flying/roller coasters. Can an accident happen? Sure. Same with walking to the toilet. It's not like the millions of people who flew before you all died when it crashed. There are very few accidents, they just get over publicized.

- Fear of [insert organism]. Let me be the first to say that I HATE spiders. I hate them ever since I was a kid and watched Arachnaphobia. It's illogical, but I hate them. I still kill them with my hands, even Black Widows. To be afraid of anything is stupid, especially since it is a medical fact that people in good health and of average size are not commonly killed by poisonous creatures, including rattle snakes and black widows. Yeah they will mess you up pretty bad, but more often than not adults survive if they get proper medical attention.

- Fear of guns. Like it's going to unlock itself, step out of it's case, load itself, and shoot you just because you have it in your home. HELLO?!

I honestly find Earthquakes to be REALLY fun. It could just be me, but I love them, especially the long rolling ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top