Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 2:01:00 PM EDT
I am going to move to Oregon in a few months and my father  wants to give me several assault rifles that are registered to him as a going away present. Can I just take them with me or do we need to transfer them to me via ffl. I am not sure of the Oregon laws and I know cali's laws are jacked up  
Brian
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually I moved from Texas to California a while ago. I didnt feel the need to to change it to California. I am ashamed to live here,,lol Sorry if it bothers you. I could see how it caused confusion. I moved here from Texas  for a job. But I am getting out of this state as soon as I can. I think you made a comment on this before. possibly a couple times.
Anyway,
Why would you be suprised I dont know this part of the law. I never had to deal with someone giving me a registered asault rifle before. I dont have time to go read everything. Thats why I came here. I thought this was the place to come to gain some knowledge and I dont have an ffl I can go discuss this with while I am at work taking a break. This was just brought up by my father hours ago. I guess the best thing for me to do is call the doj.
Thanks

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
AW inside California > AW outside California

Seriously, you can get a lower for maybe $150 outside California, so why not just leave them in the state as collateral. Even under the worst case scenario that the laws never change, you can still transfer them years down the line if it needs to happen, but if anything ever changes, like they allow AW to be sold/trader in state but no new ones bought, then the AWs would be worth bank.

I would just leave them in the state.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, you need to take a chill pill, Did you not notice my " LOL " after my comment. I am not ashamed of all that you posted. Its just a disapointment to what this state has become. Thats all. It  sure seems I get allot of crazy comments from you. oh and I am not leaving for a few months so you havent heard the last of me,LOL.
I really didnt want to get to personal but the reason I was asking about the rifles if he is dieing. So he just wanted to make sure they didnt end up in the scrap yard. I know I can purchase lowers for under 100 bucks,buy class III items ,etc.  I just wanted to keep these in the family if possible as a memory of him and pass them down to my children from grandpa.
Thanks.

Ashamed to live in the biggest and richest state in the republic . Ashamed to live in the state with the most number of service members in combat. Ashamed to live in the state with the second largest number of conservatives in the republic.

Bye. Good luck in Oregon.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool because you'll have to go through an "assualt weapons" FFL IIRC. Personally I wouldn't advise your father to give up one of his weapons as it can never be replaced. Once in Oregon you can buy a striped lower for less than $100.

Ashamed to live in the biggest and richest state in the republic . Ashamed to live in the state with the most number of service members in combat. Ashamed to live in the state with the second largest number of conservatives in the republic.

Bye. Good luck in Oregon.

You are right. Plus we are one of the skinnyest states in the country. A lot o people forget about what makes this state great. It in't just about gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
yayaya, you are right. . I thought about it. Its a great place and has great things to offer and some great people. Some I have met off this board and shot many times with them. I guess I will miss the beaches,redwoods,etc. thats about it for me. I wont miss the over priced housing. You all may be able to afford homes but I sure cant. The average house costs 600K or more where I live. thats just silly. I am going to spend less than  400K in Oregon and I will have plenty of acres around me. I didnt mean to offend Paul with me saying I am ashamed to live in cali. Maybe I should have used another word like I am sick and f%cking tired of living here.  PEACE MAN
Brian
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
yayaya, you are right. . I thought about it. Its a great place and has great things to offer and some great people. Some I have met off this board and shot many times with them. I guess I will miss the beaches,redwoods,etc. thats about it for me. I wont miss the over priced housing. You all may be able to afford homes but I sure cant. The average house costs 600K or more where I live. thats just silly. I am going to spend less than  400K in Oregon and I will have plenty of acres around me. I didnt mean to offend Paul with me saying I am ashamed to live in cali. Maybe I should have used another word like I am sick and f%cking tired of living here.  PEACE MAN
Brian

I am sure it was nothing personal, but aside from the ant burners, politicians shaving our freedoms, the sheeple following them aimlessly, and the apathetic gun owners in this sport who think they are better than everyone else because the ATF says they can sell guns.....the last thing we need to add to it is another one of our own against us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top