Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 12:58:48 AM EDT
Posted a topic over in the General forum with some pictures of a fire that broke out in the foothills above my home. 56k be warned:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=394507&page=1
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
That almost looks like Highland where you picturing. East Highland that is, not the ghetto normal highland that is basically San Bernardino with a different name.

Where do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's actually the northern corner of the San Fernando Valley. Most of the terrain and topography of the southland looks very similar.

I take the 10 fwy out to Palm Springs all the time, and I've seen what you're talking about. Redlands, Calimesa, Beaumount, all look very similar to our surrounding area.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it's just weird because I live in a weird mixture of the major 'characteristics' of California. In a 10 minute drive you can pass through the old late 50's/early 60's mini suburbs, pass down into an industrial area, then on into the old late 1800's buildings, down into track homes built last year, and end up in the run down 70's ghetto that slowly turns into San Bernardino.

But from those pictures, it looked like some of the newer developments high in the hills of Highland. Not so important, just thought there may be someone closer than Paul to where I am.

We should get the San Bernardino/Riverside guys together for a casual shoot some time.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top