Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 10:53:55 PM EDT
Have any of you ever attended the events?

Sounds interesting...might be a way to get some of my  friends into shooting

http://www.sassnet.com

Gwen
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Gwen,

It is a very fun and enjoyable event.  you can check it out at Mike Rohagee range in Norco Corona.  I have witness some shoots there and it is definitely something to look into.

Everyone dress up and everyone is has anick name.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should ask.  Pa Danby comes from a certain movie character who had 3 sones.  Kind of like me when I started Cowboy Shooting.  Definitely a good way to get folks interested in shooting.  Although End of Trail has been moved to New Mexico several interesting shoots happen in the LA area.  And there is a club shooting just about any weekend day locally..

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
GwenInLA1: I missed you. I haven't seen you post anything for awhile.

A little, and very little rant:
I was somewhat disappointed in SASS, when we tried to overturn SB23, most of their member were pretty blase about it because it only affected them very miminally, and then at the end zero.  Early SB23 was going to ban one of their tube fed rifles, but the bill amended to except them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
GwenInLA1: I missed you. I haven't seen you post anything for awhile.

A little, and very little rant:
I was somewhat disappointed in SASS, when we tried to overturn SB23, most of their member were pretty blase about it because it only affected them very miminally, and then at the end zero.  Early SB23 was going to ban one of their tube fed rifles, but the bill amended to except them.

Yeah that was a terrible thing a group that was actually able to fight and win at least partially against a very bad bill.  I guess maybe the AR guys couldn't get organized or find enough political support.  It's much easier to pick on them and whine then to learn from a successful action.

Maybe a state and national and international  group based on ARs might be needed, or we can continue to sit in our corners and complain the hunters don't like us, the cowboys don't like us, nobody likes us.  

If I was to guess, there are probably clost to 15,000 cowboy shooters in the state.  Most monthly cowboy shoots in  SoCal bring in 100-150 shooters and there are about  8 clubs in the greater LA area.  We have monthly shoots at Burro Canyon and we get what about 10 regulars, 15 almost regular shooters and 20 -5 at most.   Hmm what a surprise they are more organized.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the great feedback!  Sounds like a group I'd like to get involved with (dress up and guns, woo hoo!)  I'm involved with a different group...Victorian era... so I have the era appropriate clothes :)

OTOH...the political lack of interest worries me a great deal...maybe they could use a bit of encouragement (ahem...not to be construed as being a trouble maker.)

Side note:  Warlord, I was away from the computer for a bit- All's well now

Gwen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top