Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 9:01:53 PM EDT
Does anyone know where i can purchase some good match grade .308 ammo in the victorville area? I have been to Turners, Lock Stock and Barrel as well as Big 5 and not only do they not know what im talking about ,but they keep asking me if its legal in cali? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Mail order it on the web.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has the best prices and selection. I have been to cheaper than dirt but its a pain in the arse to find what ya need there. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Outdoor Marskman, the online partner of Miwall Ammo:
www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php?cPath=65
They have Fed Gold Medal Match 168 gr SMK BTHP for $159 a case of 200 rds. That's not a bad price.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not going to do the comparison shopping for you, that's your job.  MidwayUSA has Black Hills factory-new, 308 caliber ammo with either the 168 gr Sierra MatchKing or the 175 gr Sierra MatchKing (your choice).  

Their prices for ammo with the 168 gr bullet are - $15 for a 20 round box and $346 for a 500 round case.  

Their prices for ammo with the 175 gr bullet are - $17.50 for a 20 round box and $430 for a 500 round case.  

MidwayUSA 308 Ammunition

Having said all that, by the time you pay for even 500 rounds of factory match ammo you could be set up to reload you own.  It's fun to do and I'll bet that by the time you reload 1,000 rounds, I bet you have broken even.  Personally, I bought a Dillon progressive press which costs more on the front end, but I can realod 500 rounds of match quality 308 ammo in about 2 hours at a cost of less than $200.  If you have brass left over from shooting factory ammo, 500 rounds will cost about $100.

You should look into this.  Reloading can save you serious money and becomes a very enjoyable part of the shooting sports.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am not going to do the comparison shopping for you, that's your job.  MidwayUSA has Black Hills factory-new, 308 caliber ammo with either the 168 gr Sierra MatchKing or the 175 gr Sierra MatchKing (your choice).  

Their prices for ammo with the 168 gr bullet are - $15 for a 20 round box and $346 for a 500 round case.  

Their prices for ammo with the 175 gr bullet are - $17.50 for a 20 round box and $430 for a 500 round case.  

MidwayUSA 308 Ammunition

Having said all that, by the time you pay for even 500 rounds of factory match ammo you could be set up to reload you own.  It's fun to do and I'll bet that by the time you reload 1,000 rounds, I bet you have broken even.  Personally, I bought a Dillon progressive press which costs more on the front end, but I can realod 500 rounds of match quality 308 ammo in about 2 hours at a cost of less than $200.  If you have brass left over from shooting factory ammo, 500 rounds will cost about $100.

You should look into this.  Reloading can save you serious money and becomes a very enjoyable part of the shooting sports.

And if you deside not to reload, please save your brass for me
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
since someone else already brought it up, roll your own.

My investment into reloading has long been paid off, and I've only been doing it for about 6 months. That being said, you are not going to save any money reloading; you are going to be able to shoot much more with the same amount of money, which makes you a better shooter.

The best prices I've seen at a store for Federal GMM is $20.95 for 20 rounds. My reloads do just as well, if not better, than GMM, and only cost me $8 for 20 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top