Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 5:40:37 PM EDT
I had an FFL ask me for my safe info but he didn't specify what info! I usualy get asked the make and model of my safe but something tells me from the information and details he told me he means serial numbers has anyone ever been asked this?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Nor does he need it.  You only need to sign the waiver stating that you have a qualified safe or lock box.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
make and model is enough...  why would they need anything else
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
why would an FFL need your safe info?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
why would an FFL need your safe info?

So you won't have to buy a trigger lock from him. It's a kali thing y'all in Aridzona wouldn't understand. I can't wait till I move to Az and can buy a firearm and show my CCW and leave with the firearm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No.  Nor does he need it.  You only need to sign the waiver stating that you have a qualified safe or lock box.

I think you'd need the receipt for a lockbox..... not sure though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]
i understand all of this! But the safe i have was given to me by my cousin the dam receipt is probably in the trash and has been there for a few years now!

Usually its make and model of the safe and sign the weiver. This is the first time anyone has ever asked me for this much info. It just pisses me off

Honestly i think hee just wants to sell me the dam gun lock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i understand all of this! But the safe i have was given to me by my cousin the dam receipt is probably in the trash and has been there for a few years now!

Usually its make and model of the safe and sign the weiver. This is the first time anyone has ever asked me for this much info. It just pisses me off

Honestly i think hee just wants to sell me the dam gun lock.

Possibly, I would set him straight.  And if he's still an ass buy elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]
from personal experience, different FFLs have their own set of "rules" (or maybe just different interpretations of the law).

a few months back, i wanted to private party transfer 3 handguns to my name.  the first FFL i went to REFUSED to do it, saying it was illegal (only 1/month he says).  i informed him that CA law only limits NEW handgun purchases to 1/month (no limit on private transfers).  he replied, "the law is the law and we obey ALL laws!"  after showing him the HSC booklet to back-up my argument, he still refused.  whatevers, i went somewhere else...

the 2nd FFL gladly processed all 3 transfers and asked me for my safe info.  all i needed to provide was Make & Model Number on a signed affidavit.  if i did not have a safe, i wouldve had to provide a receipt of newly purchased locks (dated within 30 days).  if receipt was older than that, then i'd be required to buy all new locks.  no requirement of receipt for a safe (only for lock).

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#10]
How about Irvington Arms?  Are they going to ask me for my "safe info" when I buy my Vulcan lower?  I've never heard of this before.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top