Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 1:41:27 PM EDT
man , what a wonderful bunch of jbt's. been working out there for the last couple of weeks and can honestly say , the personnel there are great peeps. if i ever go to jail , it will be in beverly hills. everyone from the top brass on down have been so nice to us degenerate's. gave me the warm fuzzies. met the guy who got slapped by zsa zsa gabor also.

any of you jack booted thugs should think about lateralling over there, this is no sheeuut. great enviroment and the citizens actually like you guys.

meat
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
but you wouldn't be able to afford living in BH on LEO salary.. and south central is like 20 minutes away...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
most of the leo's live outside of 90210. dont think you are required to live in bev hills.

eta: west hollyweird is just 5 mins away
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds just like beverly hills cop the movie heehehe
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just coincidentally, my criminal law teacher is ex-beverly hills PD and said the guy who got slapped by zsa zsa gabbor used to work under him.  He's a good guy, too, so that goes along with what you said about them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the guy who got slapped by zsa zsa gabbor

WTF is that?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've known a few guys that lateraled over in the past from my Dad's Department.  Used to live next door to one of their Mothers.  Had some interesting challenges over there.  Commute from where you can afford is a bear now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is that?

I don't know, some celebrity.  But apparently it was a big news event when she slapped a cop for some reason.  I don't know anything else about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Zsa Zsa is/was an actress from yesteryear. Nearly iconic, but more so for her image than her acting. From what I remember of the incident (I was fairly young when it happened) she was arrested during something routine and minor, like being drunk or speeding or something like that, and she ended up slapping the guy arresting her. It was one of those incidents that just gets instant spotlight, not only for the person but the actions as well. Imagine hearing of Martha Stewart slapping another housewife silly. Sure that type of thing happens everyday, but would you expect Martha Stewart to do it? Anyways, that's what I remember about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Y'all can keep BH.  BH is pretty nice, but give me an ocean view over a nice mansion any day.  I'd settle for a mountain view too.  I have clients that live and work there, while I rather enjoy going there because it's safe and pleasant, and most importantly, close to me (hate traffic), I'd consider buying a place there but never live there (or anywhere without a view)

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is that?

I don't know, some celebrity.  But apparently it was a big news event when she slapped a cop for some reason.  I don't know anything else about it.

f*(king  "a" i am getting old!!!!!!!! i should stop posting stuff like this , making me feel like i fart dust now.
remember 8 tracks,reel to reel and ahhh never mind...

meat
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
man , what a wonderful bunch of jbt's. been working out there for the last couple of weeks and can honestly say , the personnel there are great peeps. if i ever go to jail , it will be in beverly hills. everyone from the top brass on down have been so nice to us degenerate's. gave me the warm fuzzies. met the guy who got slapped by zsa zsa gabor also.

any of you jack booted thugs should think about lateralling over there, this is no sheeuut. great enviroment and the citizens actually like you guys.

meat

When I join an agency, I'd like one that has some stuff going on it. I bet the BHPD is boring as heck!

-d
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
but you wouldn't be able to afford living in BH on LEO salary.. and south central is like 20 minutes away...

fixed it 4 ya  Remember they changed it about a year ago because the residents and city council found it too demeaning.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#13]
So, does its new name have any positive effect?
Haha, didn't think so.  They can call south central Bevely Hills or Malibu and it'd still be a shit hole.  Conversely, if Malibu was renamed to Watts, it would not diminish its property value or make it less desireable to live in.  Dumbass politicians.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Lots of foreigners, none of whom speak or desire to learn English.   Lot of traffic and parking problems.   I do my best to stay away unless I absolutely have to go there for something (Prada Store).    Biggest trash cans you've ever seen though, just look down the residential alleys of Sunset Boulevard.

Meat, do they still carry ISSUE P226/Benelli M1's for regular patrol?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The foreigners I see are mostly tourists, I don't care if they don't know or learn English
For a second I thought you were talking about south central.  Parking and traffic isn't bad, I think Westwood, Century City and downtown LA are probably much worse.  BH has a lot of free 2-hour parking lots, the problem is after 10am they get pretty full.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Lots of foreigners, none of whom speak or desire to learn English.   Lot of traffic and parking problems.   I do my best to stay away unless I absolutely have to go there for something (Prada Store).    Biggest trash cans you've ever seen though, just look down the residential alleys of Sunset Boulevard.

Meat, do they still carry P226/Benelli M1's for regular patrol?

i beleive so, most of their cool guys there are carrying 1911's, but 226 also for regular patrol officers.m1's also.

they just had a bank robbery this weekend heard about it today from my guys at work. i have an alibi, it wasnt me...

meat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top