Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 4:21:18 AM EDT
I was just looking at your site and noticed that you said something about the DOJ giving you problems about making a kit for the Beneli M1 because of it making it an AW in California. Couldn't you just put a fixed old style AR stock on it to make it legal? Or is the problem that it would be too easy to convert it into an AW?

Just curious as I was thinking of making a fixed stock semi-auto with a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Putting a fixed AR stock on a shotgun tends to eliminate most of the advantages you were looking for when you decided to do an AR stock conversion in the first place.

The issue we as a California manufacturer  had is we would have been unable to develop an AR style stock for a semi-auto if there was ever a chance that we might accidentally attach a collapsible stock to our prototype conversions.  The moment we did that we would be breaking the law.

But that information on the web site is old.  We are now in a position where we can get permission from the DoJ to produce "assault weapons" for sale to military and police.  Indeed, we are now working on collapsible designs for the Benelli M4 (though not AR-oriented designs, since they are impossible on most semi-autos).  Come the day we want to make prototypes, we'll use references from law enforcement and military customers to get the DoJ's permission to proceed.

However, even outside California, there are Federal regulations against combining pistol grips and collapsible stocks on imported semi-auto shotguns like the Benelli.  If we made such a stock, our customers would all be military or law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess that is good and sucks at the same time.

I always liked your stock kits because they seemed to keep the ahnd closer to the trigger, which is good since my hands tend to not sit comfortably on rifles with the trigger far forward (I would to try to use one of those pistol grip stocks where there is like an inch or so gap between the grip and trigger guard). Either way, it's good to hear your doing good, and I will eventually probably buy at least one for a Remmy 870 and see if I like them.

Good luck in the future on those protypes (if they are ever made).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top