Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 6:33:34 PM EDT
any1 kno of a place where i can rapid fire my rifle in the san jose bay area  area area.
all these years i had my ar i never get t o rapid fire it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Find out where some BLM land is.  It's pretty much a free for all out there.  Generaly most pay ranges and gun clubs tend to not take kindly to rapid fire.  But that's just been my experience.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to any NRA high power rifle match, either a National Match or Regional Course of fire includes lots of rapid fire.  At 200 yards - you fire 10 round strings in not more than 60 seconds.  At 300 yards you fire 10 round strings in not more than 70 seconds.  Strings include a mandatory reload.

What makes it more cool is everyone around you is also doing it.  LOTS OF NOISE AND SMOKE!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to any NRA high power rifle match, either a National Match or Regional Course of fire includes lots of rapid fire.  At 200 yards - you fire 10 round strings in not more than 60 seconds.  At 300 yards you fire 10 round strings in not more than 70 seconds.  Strings include a mandatory reload.

What makes it more cool is everyone around you is also doing it.  LOTS OF NOISE AND SMOKE!

Almost sounds like USMC Rifle Qualifications.   Except for the missing 500 yard quals.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Almost sounds like USMC Rifle Qualifications.   Except for the missing 500 yard quals.

There are also slow fire  portions of the match (single round loading) - standing at 200 yards and prone at 600 yards.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
thanx for the info guys!  i will look into that!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi tpliquid,
I belong to a range that lets us rapid fire all we want. Thats if you dont mind driving to scotts valley. Its about 25 minutes from san jose. I may be heading up there next weekend. I usually rapid fire off about ten 30 rounders when I go with no issues. I will never go to los altos or  stevens creek range , etc again.If you want to be able to shoot how you like and to be your own range master then this is the place. We can even bump fire when the the hunters arent trying to sight in there hunting rigs, Not that they bitch but out of respect for them. Let me know if you want to go.
Brian

Quoted:
any1 kno of a place where i can rapid fire my rifle in the san jose bay area  area area.
all these years i had my ar i never get t o rapid fire it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
What about Southern Califonia, does anyone know where I can go to rapid fire my rifle and gun?  I live in the San Bernardino area.  Thanx everyone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What about Southern Califonia, does anyone know where I can go to rapid fire my rifle and gun?  I live in the San Bernardino area.  Thanx everyone.

out in your backyard! in the ginourmus desert, seriously there is a thread here about BLM land you can shoot on right near you and it's free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top