Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 11:06:52 PM EDT
Going down to Turner's tomorrow after work, hopefully I have enough to get my 1911. $650 in total, I hope that can cover it all. Expect pictures in 10-11 days.

Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky bastard.....I got 9 months left.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy Birthday and congratulations on the new purchase.

What's your family got to say about it? or did you forget to tell um?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My first rifle was a Ruger 10/22. I told them I was getting it, they said it was alright (not like it would have matered, though I wanted to be curtious for many reasons) finally got it, they were infuriated. When I mentioned I wanted to get a second rifle, a bolt .22 or all things, they told me if I ever got another gun, including that one, I would not have their blessing anymore (just minutes after talking about marrying my fiance). About 15 days later I had my CZ452. About a month ago they said if I buy a handgun, I will not have a job or a place to live. So I haven't said anything about it yet.

In all honesty, I don't really care at this point. I spent my whole life trying to please my family and what did it get me? I didn't go to the Marines like I wanted to since I was a kid, and I spent 3 years after high school not knowing what I want to do. Well now I am going to school to become a gunsmith (hopefully) and fuck it, if they would rather have no son then a son who likes firearms, then I guess I won't have a family. Besides, I am getting a better one soon anyways, and her sisters and mom LOVE guns.

ETA: I wonder if I can talk the guys at Turner's into giving me a discount for it being my 21st....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations on your 21st and new gun! One more thing to remember, its your life, do what you think is right for you and makes you happy!

*Dont forget the pics when you get a chance...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations! 5 more months for me...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first rifle was a Ruger 10/22. I told them I was getting it, they said it was alright (not like it would have matered, though I wanted to be curtious for many reasons) finally got it, they were infuriated. When I mentioned I wanted to get a second rifle, a bolt .22 or all things, they told me if I ever got another gun, including that one, I would not have their blessing anymore (just minutes after talking about marrying my fiance). About 15 days later I had my CZ452. About a month ago they said if I buy a handgun, I will not have a job or a place to live. So I haven't said anything about it yet.

In all honesty, I don't really care at this point. I spent my whole life trying to please my family and what did it get me? I didn't go to the Marines like I wanted to since I was a kid, and I spent 3 years after high school not knowing what I want to do. Well now I am going to school to become a gunsmith (hopefully) and fuck it, if they would rather have no son then a son who likes firearms, then I guess I won't have a family. Besides, I am getting a better one soon anyways, and her sisters and mom LOVE guns.

ETA: I wonder if I can talk the guys at Turner's into giving me a discount for it being my 21st....

Damn, bro.  Your parents are that anti gun?  And I thought my Mom didn't like guns.  If it makes you feel any better, when I bought my MAK-90 when I turned 18 I had to hide it in my car's trunk for years.  Good luck with your pistol, when I turned 21 I picked up a Sig 229.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
21 days and counting! I'm currently trying to get my hands on a Vulcan AR lower, and in about 31 days or so I hope to have in my posession a Glock 23.  Is $501 brand new a decent price for CA?  I hate seeing trade-in Glock 22's go for $350 through cdnn but they say "Will not ship to CA" >.<
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Congradulations.

Enjoy your newly found freedoms.

and your new responsibilities.

Happy Birthday! I wish was 21 again, and know what I know now
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy birthday!!!

Im not sure what the big deal is. Some people like RC Cars, and others video games and others like cars. We happen to enjoy the presence of firearms, and if the situation arises, they could save our lives. Can video games, cars or RC stuff do that....I think not!!!

Your parents will get over it
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#11]
happy b-day!!1

yay for 1911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my. u will too!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my 1911 for $590 after tax, DROS, and lock. Throw in the $25 test (which was a joke) and I came out with $85 that I was willing to give up for it.

Either way, can't wait to get it and go shooting!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Happy belated birthday...

thought you were much older :)

Gwen
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Happy Belated Birthday...

I thought you were about 30 :)

Gwen
on the way to senility, myself...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Happy Belated Birthday...

I thought you were about 30 :)

Gwen
on the way to senility, myself...

Well thank you for the compliment!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top