Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 3:45:07 PM EDT
Who all is out there?
I will be returning to Fresno at the end of September (unless a wrench gets in the works) and I need to get back on things. I've been in Indiana for 2 years. I used to be manager of Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club, so that was where I used to shoot. I could go back up there, but I can't go shooting with my friend and former range officer because he was banned for life, and I don't know what other places there are to shoot outdoors now. Any recommendations?
I had met a few members up at the range, but I haven't been up there since 2002. Any of you guys want to have a Fresno get-together so we can all get aquainted?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as established ranges go you hit the nail on the head with FRPC. there is "the range" down in fresno an indoor range, pistols only I think but can't say for sure as I have only shot there once. There are some spots up in the hill that the locals go to, decent areas to shoot but you get hassled by DFG during season. There's panoche on the west side but it's a long drive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I just didn't know if anything else opened up. I know there's a club near Lemoore also, but I've never been there. I have a place to shoot sometimes in the foothills, on private property, but I can't bring outsiders.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I just remembered there is the Avenal range. I haven't been there but the local .30 cal club shoots there and raves about. the membership is cheap I've been told. I plan on heading out there on of these days when I get a whole day to devote to shooting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, I just didn't know if anything else opened up. I know there's a club near Lemoore also, but I've never been there. I have a place to shoot sometimes in the foothills, on private property, but I can't bring outsiders.

I drive from Visalia to shoot at the range in Lemoore. It's called the Lemoore Sportsmans Club. The dues are $60 per year & it is available 7 days a week. www.lemooresportsmansclub.com/

During the week, the place is usually empty except for the caretaker and his dog.  

Welcome back to CA at the end of the month!  

Edited to fix url.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll be there on the 22nd. First thing, I'm going to the beach that weekend.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll be there on the 22nd. First thing, I'm going to the beach that weekend.

The CA coast line is great. My wife and I had our wedding ceremony on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific and Pismo Beach. Beautiful place.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey if your going to the Morro Bay area I here there is a nice range over there too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, the San Luis Obispo sportsmans club is a great range. With where it's at, it's usually really nice out there weather wise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top