Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 12:06:39 PM EDT
Used a stripped Vulcan lower, all the parts fit well. Adco built the upper. I havnt had time to really shoot it yet, but I did put 40 rds thru it with no problems.Cant wait to get out and blow up some ground squirrels.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice... makes me wanna give in and get a a kali AR
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
that looks great!

Now, where the hell do you guys get your vulcan lowers from?  I have a friend who wants one but every dealer he talked to either said they won't order it or that they have to check with the CA DOJ on whether it's "truely" legal.

One dealer hold him "We're not sure if the DOJ approved AR15s are legal in CA"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
that looks great!

Now, where the hell do you guys get your vulcan lowers from?  I have a friend who wants one but every dealer he talked to either said they won't order it or that they have to check with the CA DOJ on whether it's "truely" legal.

One dealer hold him "We're not sure if the DOJ approved AR15s are legal in CA"

I have a friend that is an FFL he ordered them for me. I think there are dealers in Fremont and Placerville that carry them.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are from the bay area try Irvington Arms in Fremont off of Grimmer Blvd. He usually has them for $265 for the stripped lower.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]
You can try Sonoma Firearms too.  That's where I got mine from.  Paid $250 plus taxes and DROS.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks surprisingly good.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW! that's a nice rifle you got there Pieeater.  I'm carious, is that a Fixed 10 round mag or you can actually take the magazine off? Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WOW! that's a nice rifle you got there Pieeater.  I'm carious, is that a Fixed 10 round mag or you can actually take the magazine off? Let me know.

Its a fixed 10 rd mag.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I still need to get off of my ass and build mine
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks about 1000 times cooler than any FAB-10 I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks really nice..

I need more disposable income!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn I really need to get one.  I got a FAB10 but i would love that one. Where did you get it? Does your FFL friend have a shop? if he does, do you think it's possible for him to order me one?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice looking gun.  I have a buddy who just finished building his AR-15 with a Vulcan lower.  Every time we go to the range he gets harassed by the range master, because of the fixed magazine even when the rifle is broken open.  I like the look of the Vulcan but don't necessarily like the crappy follower in the magazine.  I personally have a Fab-10 and my next build will be with a Vulcan with some modifications to the magazine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#15]
So I have seen plenty of people here posting that Vulcan=Hesse=crap, but then, some people swear that Wolf ammo will tear up your AR but others have had no problem.  I won't spend the money on a FAB, but am interested in checking out the Vulcans.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  (web site or other info?)

TIA.

snobordr
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont believe theres a web site for these. If you live near San Fransisco I may be able to help you find one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I dont believe theres a web site for these. If you live near San Fransisco I may be able to help you find one.

Thanks, but I want to get some more info on these before even considering buying one.  From what I have been reading, they are not too great but have not heard specifics on what makes them substandard.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Could you help me find one?  I've called Irvington Arms and they're all out and don't know when more will be in.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could you help me find one?  I've called Irvington Arms and they're all out and don't know when more will be in.  Thanks

Wow I wonder what's up they normally have like 15 in stock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#20]
He said he had 6 on order, but the company was dragging their feet and they didn't come in when he expected them to.  Any other places around the SF bay area that have them in stock?  I think I'll try calling Trader Sports later today to see if they have any.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I have an update now for the SF Bay Area.  Irvington is out, expecting more any day.  Traders is out, expecting some next week, and Tabors doesn't carry them.  Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys, FNG here.   Hey Jack, do you have the phone number to Traders by any chance?  I live in Marin and don't have a Sonoma phone book handy.   And one more thing, do you know what they're charging for the Vulcans?  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey guys, FNG here.   Hey Jack, do you have the phone number to Traders by any chance?  I live in Marin and don't have a Sonoma phone book handy.   And one more thing, do you know what they're charging for the Vulcans?  Thanks!! hr

What's FNG?  Trader Sports is in San Leandro near Oakland, right on the border.  You can reach them at 510-569-0555.  They quoted me $395 for the lower which makes me think it's a completed lower not stripped.  Irvington quoted me $265 + fees for the stripped lower.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.tradersports.com/
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What's FNG?  

Effin' new guy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#26]
For some reason I though you meant the "Traders" in Sonoma (at least that's what I've heard guys call it).  Thanks for the heads up though, and San Leandro isn't too far away.  But $395! Ouch.  Seems like a big mark up even the lower is complete.  Besides I already have the internal parts.  

And I hate to be a PITA (pain in the a--), but do any Bay Area guys here know where Sonoma Firearms that USMCCPL is talking about is, or what their contact info is?   If not no biggy, I can just call information tomorrow when I have a some time.  Thanks again yall. And that's a sweet looking weapon you got there Pieeater.  hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:28:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
For some reason I though you meant the "Traders" in Sonoma (at least that's what I've heard guys call it).  Thanks for the heads up though, and San Leandro isn't too far away.  But $395! Ouch.  Seems like a big mark up even the lower is complete.  Besides I already have the internal parts.  

And I hate to be a PITA (pain in the a--), but do any Bay Area guys here know where Sonoma Firearms that USMCCPL is talking about is, or what their contact info is?   If not no biggy, I can just call information tomorrow when I have a some time.  Thanks again yall. And that's a sweet looking weapon you got there Pieeater.  

I think Sonoma firearms is in Placerville. Also I would get a stripped lower.I'm going to change the mag out in mine to the 10 rd bushmaster. Dealer price on the stripped lower is 163. I've heard Vulcan does not make the lower that they are buying them.[Dont know if this is true or not]    
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Sonoma Firearms is in....Sacramento Really. Here is their number 1-916-761-0209. It is not a store front. About 45 min up the road is Newtown Firearms in Placerville. It is a storefront and normally has a great selection. I highly recommend them. Their number is 530-626-9945.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sonoma Firearms is in....Sacramento Really. Here is their number 1-916-761-0209. It is not a store front.

Yep.  That turned me off from them.  When I called I thought it was a store, but really run from his house, and he was all about ordering things.  I kinda wanted to see what I was buying first.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Nice looking gun.  I have a buddy who just finished building his AR-15 with a Vulcan lower.  Every time we go to the range he gets harassed by the range master, because of the fixed magazine even when the rifle is broken open.  I like the look of the Vulcan but don't necessarily like the crappy follower in the magazine.  I personally have a Fab-10 and my next build will be with a Vulcan with some modifications to the magazine.

Why would rangemasters harass him for having a rifle that looks like an AR-15?  I guess I'm not understanding what they could be looking down on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Most ranges during a cease fire require you to drop the mag and lock open the action.  The problem with the Vulcan is that it's fixed so you can't drop the mag and rangemasters think you're an idiot that can't follow directions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Most ranges during a cease fire require you to drop the mag and lock open the action.  The problem with the Vulcan is that it's fixed so you can't drop the mag and rangemasters think you're an idiot that can't follow directions.

If it's a real issue (one that cannot be explained to the rangemaster within a few seconds) then just pull the rear pin and open the reciever during a cease fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top