Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 9:11:51 PM EDT
What's the waiting periot when u purchase a shot gun?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
10 days
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Shotgun - 10 days.

Rifle - 10 days.

Handgun - 10 days.

I'm seeing a pattern here...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Does that mean everyone who doesn't have a shotgun need to get one before the August shoot?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
are you serious? this place is fucked up
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

HEY! Who asked you?!?!?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]
CWM4A1Does that mean everyone who doesn't have a shotgun need to get one before the August shoot?

No i've been thinking of getting 1 since the last shoot
i talked to mailninja about it. so i figuere this would be a good time for it
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

MDC85

TX, USA

Oh shaddup.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thats original, havent heard ANYONE say that before.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If I want to get one, I would like to get the Remington 870 police magnum... Benelli sure is nice but a bit pricy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I want to get one, I would like to get the Remington 870 police magnum... Benelli sure is nice but a bit pricy.

If you're looking for a semi and you don't want to spend too much, definitely take a look at a used Beretta 1201FP.  I absolutely love mine and I've never heard anybody say anything bad about theirs.  It's a beautiful gun, lightweight, functionally identical to a Benelli M1, and just looks mean.  It's true it doesn't like very light cheap birdshot or "tactical" low recoil buck but it's more fun shooting hard hitting loads anyway.  These can be had for around $500 or less used.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

calm down guys, I live here now and love your state. It just has some big problems when it comes to individual freedoms....not your run of the mill anti california troll
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

calm down guys, I live here now and love your state. It just has some big problems when it comes to individual freedoms....not your run of the mill anti california troll

where are you? so we can initiate you into our fucked up fold if you're in socal come out to our monthly burro shoot it's pinned up at top o the page.

meat

ETA: 10 DAYS
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
san diego, point loma specifically
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Damn, another SoCal member...

We need more up here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THATS ORIGINAL, HAVENT HEARD ANYONE SAY THAT BEFORE!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

we do a montly shoot up at burro canyon shooting park(burrocanyon.com)
if ya have time check the board each month and see if ya can make it one of these days, love to have another arfcommer come up, i know it's kinda long drive for ya.

meat
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember what Gunny Hartman said about there being only 2 types of things in TX?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We need more up here.

We will gladdy let Gabby move down here, but you should stay were you are.  

San Marcos, CA here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#20]
15 years in Cal
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#21]
15 years 2 months in Cal  
 Move to Texas
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We need more up here.

We will gladdy let Gabby move down here, but you should stay were you are.  

San Marcos, CA here.

Oh sonofa....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#23]
thanx to all!
i think i'm going to go with an 870 and just evil it out
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Shotgun - 10 days.

Rifle - 10 days.

Handgun - 10 days.

I'm seeing a pattern here... hr

Damb I feel bad for you guys..........
10 minutes w/ NICS and yer off
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
thanx to all!
i think i'm going to go with an 870 and just evil it out

Make sure to post pics.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#26]
If you do the paperwork and get a certificate of eligibilty there is no DROS or waiting period as I understand it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shotgun - 10 days.

Rifle - 10 days.

Handgun - 10 days.

I'm seeing a pattern here...

Used to be 15 days for long guns and 20 days for handguns.

I remember that, my first rifle had a 15 day waiting period but on the bright side, the DROS was IIRC $5 or $10.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#29]
posted by-ErinMT:Make sure to post pics.

I'll be sure to do so
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If you do the paperwork and get a certificate of eligibilty there is no DROS or waiting period as I understand it.

Correct. Requires fingerprints, background check, a correctly filled-out application, and I think $75.

I don't remember if you needed to show "good need" and also forgot how long it lasts. Write to the DOJ and they'll send you the application, which I've got aorund here somewhere.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. Requires fingerprints, background check, a correctly filled-out application, and I think $75.

I don't remember if you needed to show "good need" and also forgot how long it lasts. Write to the DOJ and they'll send you the application, which I've got aorund here somewhere.....

And how long does the background check take?  and extra $$  Spect it runs longer than the normal waiting period for the first one, and is it good for more than one ?

Also isn't it  30 days for a handgun?

Are we looking at some 2 or 3 gun action at some of the shoots?  I'm all for that.  I may even remember to bring my pistols to go with the holsters.  I remembered at the last shoot I got to.  I may even make a "trophy" out of the fire extinguisher to use as a monthly revolving award.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Howdy.  I live in Golden Hill two blocks from Balboa Park.  Fortunately, San Diego is a reasonably gun-friendly town, which is a good thing considering the huge concentration of Active Duty, Reserve and military retirees living here.

Are you stationed at the Attack Sub base?  Oh yeah, the answer is "Classified".  :-)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consider this.  If you get an FFL and COE, and you live in San Diego, you are subject to inspection by SDPD's License Division, as well as having to get a local permit from the Department.  Check your local laws before going this route, unless you want local LE bugging you (they hassled one of my clients more than ATF and CA DOJ until the Department figured out that an NFA manufacturer without a COE is NOT engaged in dealing in firearms.  Well, hello, I can read the statute and regulations too).

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top