Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:18:17 AM EDT
ya'll know the drill by now.

THE 4 RULES ALWAYS APPLIES!
The Four Rules of Firearms Handling
by Jeff Cooper

Rule 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
The only exception to this occurs when you have a firearm in your hands and you have personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as you put it down, Rule 1 applies again

Rule 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY.
You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

Rule 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.

This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

Rule 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.

NO STEEL TARGETS OR STEEL CORE AMMO!!! IT'S DRY UP THERE

SIGN IN AT THE OFFICE FIRST.

i'll bring shade.

CARNE-EATER
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Let me be the first to say I will be there....

btw, I strip the paint off my MRP.  I am going to paint it with some moly koat and bake it....  This Alum-hyde is pretty much crap.

i just stripped that crap off mine as well, i'm sticking with krylon. see you guys there. Meat, i'll bring your gloves.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Have Car, will Travel......and dont' forget KG Gunkote....so far, that's held up against anything I've thrown against it.  

Duracoat, meanwhile....sucks!  Just looking at it, and its comes off.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
In. Anyone else interested in doing some shotgun drills?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Great! I will be there, probably bring one or two guys up with me
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in.. So shotty drill, auto or manual, stright stock or pistola?  Side by side or over n'under?  28" choke or 18" stright tube?  Bird, buck, or slug?  Airsoft?

Oh, happy to announce two new members to the family... STG and Para FAL...

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking if we get two tac ranges like we always do, is to set up one for f*cking around, the other for some serious traning.

As fun as blasting is, it's kind of a letdown realizing you just spent 100 bucks or more on ammo, and you're not a better shot for it.

So, I was thinking that each month we have a theme going on; this month would be shotgun, next month carbine, the month after that pistol. We'd check out target stands from the office and train. I've got drills that I'd run my officers through, and I'm sure you guys pick up tricks and drills from the classes at Gunsite or Thunder Ranch. We can pool together all this knowledge and come out better shooters.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in, I'll bring my Benelli too.  I love shooting slugs out to 100 and 200 yards
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#11]
hey guys i made a spot for us out at burro on tac1b and tac1c i did it on the 29th of july. i forgot to post it this weekend, sorry guys i was too busy
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
hey guys i made a spot for us out at burro on tac1b and tac1c i did it on the 29th of july. i forgot to post it this weekend, sorry guys i was too busy

Awesome......need more ammo now.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
to paul:  can you please pin this thread?  
thanks triple b
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was thinking if we get two tac ranges like we always do, is to set up one for f*cking around, the other for some serious traning.

As fun as blasting is, it's kind of a letdown realizing you just spent 100 bucks or more on ammo, and you're not a better shot for it.

So, I was thinking that each month we have a theme going on; this month would be shotgun, next month carbine, the month after that pistol. We'd check out target stands from the office and train. I've got drills that I'd run my officers through, and I'm sure you guys pick up tricks and drills from the classes at Gunsite or Thunder Ranch. We can pool together all this knowledge and come out better shooters.

Ah crap... I don't have any shotgun. Perhaps waiting for carbine month, and hope I was not traveling at the time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll bring a Remy 870 if you wanna play, bring yer own shells
Also, I'm gonna sell my Interceptor body armor (size medium, woodland camo) for $350, and a Wasatch (OD) (size medium) for $150, if anyone is interested please let me know so I can bring it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

damn it, triple b.  made me waste a phone call
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Darn, got class that day. At least it's a fun one; should be putting a few hundred rounds downrange.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
wait a minute, Kato are you taking Bruce's carbine class?  I'm in that class too, guess I won't be making this one again
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
wait a minute, Kato are you taking Bruce's carbine class?  I'm in that class too, guess I won't be making this one again

ya bitch about not ever comin out to burro on a sun. so changed it to sat. and look what happens.
no more accomodating your ass!  

kidding aside, let us know how the basic carbine is then when you hit that advanced stuff, ya can tutor  the rest of the viilage idiots like my self ya left behind.

meat
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#20]
lol, the hard thing is actually to follow the instructions even though I've done it many different times in many different ways, just have to remember I'm there to practice the basics, not to interfere with the instructor and go ahead of him.
Few of the things I learned though:
1. My MRP with all the doodas is heavy
2. Ambidextrous mag release may not be helpful to right hand shooters, but it's handy in classes when we swap out mags with the the weapon slung.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Few of the things I learned though:
1. My MRP with all the doodas is heavy
2. Ambidextrous mag release may not be helpful to right hand shooters, but it's handy in classes when we swap out mags with the the weapon slung.

1) Now you guys feelin it? Next time 'round make sure you got an upper with a pencil barrel and just the fat handguards.

2) Am I the only one not seeing the advantage? Every way I sling it, it's fine... no advantage to having a ambi....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yup, that's the one! Neighbor Rick is going to do it again with us, though I think this time he'll go ahead and use his AR and not his M1 Carbine. Have tried to talk a few others into doing it as well, but they had prior commitments.

So, with September to November weekends being pretty booked by work, the next Burro shoot I expect to attend will likely be in December.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#23]
haha i remember now, he brought an M1 carbine to the class
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well you boys be safe now and don't set the place on fire

I'll be at Burro shoot, trying to be safe at any speed, and I'll bring some AR15 Mag bodies if anyone needs them to rebuild those old & damaged mags

P.S. I'll bring my new toy
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats on the TA31 G!
Let me know if you wanna sight it in at Angeles, I recently put a higher ARMS #22 on my Remy and need to rezero the SN3 again

I think you might wanna put the ACOG on another flat top rifle, the OA's upper receiver sits kind of high
Oh yeah I like the older Ace stock, I have a newer one without the shoulder rest.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#26]
The ACOG is a TA31 for A2 carry handle so It should be right at home on this upper. When I put it on my A3 upper I had to adjust the the elevation all the way down to hit.
Yeah Lets meet a Angeles this weekend and I can zero in the ACOG on the OA-93. The stock is the one that comes with the AO-93 from Oly Arms so I'll have to see if it works for me, I'm not even sure I'll like the upper.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#27]
cool, let me know what day and time
Anyone else wants to go to Angeles with us?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]
How's Saturday about 9:00am? Here is a link to a $2.00 discount coupon www.angelesranges.com/coupon.htm I'll get a hold of Brad (waxbase)and see if he wants to meet us there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll be there
Got anything interesting you wanna sell?  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#30]
possible date change for august 20th burro canyon  shootfest. spoke to meateater date might be pushed one week ahead or after the 20th.  meateater and i are gonna take bruce 's tactical carbine class over at shooers edge anybody else is welcomed
triple b
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Bang you're taking Bruce's class too?  Good for you
Bruce is a great guy.  He charges $25 for his classes, it pays for the range fees and targets, etc. (read: he does NOT make $ doing this), he does it for the love of the sport.  Do not let the low price make you wonder.  I have taken many classes from him, as well as with him as fellow students in classes taught by other folks such as Jeff Gonzales and Walt Jordan, y'all can learn a great deal from him.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#32]
looks like tripe b and i are gonna be at bruces class, so i need a burro member to assume the shoot on the 20th or we'll need to push the date up or back.

can i get a burro member to step up and  represent the arfcommers on the 20th????

dont feel like changing the dates, but i will if we cant get a burro member to sign the arfcommers in....

thanks in advance,

meat

triple b email me or IM me with the class details please.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Meat, bring 700rds, lots of water, knee and elbow pads, shooting mat, sun block, a few mags (I brought a whole bunch, only used like 3 or 4), a wide brim hat (the range we'll be shooting at has few shades), either cargo pants or a dump pouch for the loose ammo you'll be using to top off the mags, hearing and eye protection, and lunch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#34]
meateater you can send payment to www.shooters-edge.com via paypal at the site.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#35]
meateater, please email bruce at "[email protected]" he needs futher info from you to start the class hurry up man!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#36]
meateater you gotta hurry up and sign up for bruce's class before it is filled up he said that i would be the last person he'd sign up but i think he might be able to sqeeze you in
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#37]
meateater i just paid for bruce's carbine class you need to pay through paypal
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#38]
ok just sent payment to web sie. dont understand what more info they need. i email shooters edge requseting more info on the info they require.

meat
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I just signed up for Bruce's class on 8/20... So can someone help me out with directions?

And what time do we need to be there?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#40]
The course will take place at the Angeles Ranges
Take the 210 to the Osborne Exit.
This exits onto Foothill.
Turn left on Foothill, so you are going back
under the freeway.

If you are coming from Pasadena, you will have to
turn right onto Foothill.

Go to the first light after you cross under the
freeway. There is a dry cleaners and a restaurant
in a little shopping center on your left.

Turn left at this light.
Go about 2 miles.

The entrance to the shooting range is marked.
The entrance is on the left side of the road.

Follow the road to where it branches.
Take the left branch.

Follow this to the main office.

As you face the office, you will see some
shooting bays on your left.

About 100 yards to the left of these bays,
you'll find a small private range, named
Ft. Angeles.

This is the range at which we will hold this class.

Please be on time.
class starts at 9:00am to 4:30pm be there by 8:45 to gear up
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#41]
sorry people , no burro member has stepped up for the 20th. gonna have to change it for the 13th or the 27th. what ya'll prefer? i'm prolly not gonna make it for the 13th . so let me know if triple b can make the 13th if not we'll push it back or cancel this month's shoot.

meat
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
sorry people , no burro member has stepped up for the 20th. gonna have to change it for the 13th or the 27th. what ya'll prefer? i'm prolly not gonna make it for the 13th . so let me know if triple b can make the 13th if not we'll push it back or cancel this month's shoot.

meat

I'm out of town the weekend of the 27th.

Anyone want to push the shoot 1 day back, to Sunday the 21st? The carbine class is only one day, right?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Had to work on Sunday, no can do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#45]
meateater dont think i can make it on either the 13th or 27th, i can only get the 20th off, for bruces carbine class.  maybe if we hold the burro canyon shoot on sunday the 21th,cuz  we might close on every sunday at my work place.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
meateater dont think i can make it on either the 13th or 27th, i can only get the 20th off, for bruces carbine class.  maybe if we hold the burro canyon shoot on sunday the 21th,cuz  we might close on every sunday at my work place.

sounds good to me , but i doubt i'm gonna make it on the 21st.  but will change the date . i'll call burro tommorow and see about moving the date back a day.

meat
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
How about the 14th?  I thought I heard someone once complain about shooting two days in a roll.  Something about being too old..  

If we are short on members, let me know, I can fill in as needed...  

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#48]

originally posted by: smglee
Any more room for the class on the 20th?? I might be interest in taking it too if everyone else is going.. Besides 25 buks isn't a bad deal..

Anyone know what is the deal??

Edit: Too late, class is full... Oh well.

Edit 2: Bruce might be able to squeeze me in..find out later tonight...nice to get in some trigger time and raise my round count.

cool
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

originally posted by: smglee
Any more room for the class on the 20th?? I might be interest in taking it too if everyone else is going.. Besides 25 buks isn't a bad deal..

Anyone know what is the deal??

Edit: Too late, class is full... Oh well.

Edit 2: Bruce might be able to squeeze me in..find out later tonight...nice to get in some trigger time and raise my round count.

cool

triple b, bro when chen finds out , the three of us will be taking a lil roadtrip together to shooters edge. i'll come pick ya'll up. soorry didnt return your call yestyerday, was a lil in-disposed . i'll call you tommorow .

meat

ETA: looks like chen is in for the class, bruce just emailed me letting me know . so ROADTRIP is on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
How about the 14th?  I thought I heard someone once complain about shooting two days in a roll.  Something about being too old..  

If we are short on members, let me know, I can fill in as needed...  

walmart if you'd like to take over this month's shoot , it would help out alot. just call joe at burro and let him know the ar15.com shoot needs to be changed. sorry didn't read your post completely.

thanks for stepping up. let us know if ya want to do it....

meat
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top