Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 3:24:22 PM EDT
AB 352 is to be heard on the Assembly floor tomorrow, May 19th.

Pick up those phones!  Assembly Members can be reached at (916) 319‑20 (plus your 2-digit district number for the last two numbers).  If you don't know your district, go to www.assembly.ca.gov/ and click on "Find My District" on the left-hand side.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I left these comments, but both my senator and assemblyman are democrats. Wouldn't it be better to talk to the republicans elsewhere?

There is absolutely no evidence that would suggest this would lead to any reduction in crime. Upon what studies did the authors base their proposal?

The cost-effectiveness of this measure was not assessed, nor were contingencies suggested should this plan have an opposite effect on crime.

Finally, wouldn't it be better to stress individual rights and responsibilities, rather than ignoring the responsibility of the criminals and trying to solve the problem by eroding the rights of the individuals that follow the law?

Anyway, let us see a pilot study before we proceed, lemming-like, into the sea.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Go here!!!There is a link to send e-mail to all the reps.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Done.  

BTT.  Californians!  Let's pound 'em with our correspondence and remove this silly bill from the floor!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
E-mail sent .I'll call tommorow too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#5]
E-mail sent. I could not believe all the idiotic laws listed at that site. It should be suggested that we elect these assembly people and then let them take a vacation for their entire term.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:39:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Done,
I hope alot more people sent emails, calls, faxes letters than are represented here in this post.
The problem isn't that they taake our freedoms away, its that we let them take our freedoms away.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Go here!!!There is a link to send e-mail to all the reps.

Our time is limited, being working stiffs and all.

nramemberscouncils.com/legs/form/
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Sent......
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]

I am strongly opposed to all gun control measures, and either have or intend to vote against those coming before me.  I've set out the worst of them below and hope that the information will be of use to you.  I am a strong 2nd Amendment supporter, and will do everything I can to defeat these bills.

AB 352 (Koretz). Firearms: microstamping.  Would expand the definition of unsafe handgun to include semiautomatic pistols that are not designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters, that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched into the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and which are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired after January 2007.  Passed out of Asm Public Safety on a 5-2 vote 4-5-05; Passed out of Asm Appropriations on a 13-5 vote on 4-13-05; is currently on the Assembly floor and could be voted on any time.  OPPOSE

SB 357 (Dunn). Serialized handgun ammunition.  This bill would establish a program requiring serialization of handgun ammunition commencing July 1, 2007.   Passed Sen Public Safety on a 4-2 vote on 4-26-05;  currently in Sen Appropriations.  OPPOSE

AB 944 (Ridley-Thomas).  Firearms.  Would require firearms dealers to post an additional warning pertaining to firearms warning of the dangers of firearms in the home.  This same warning would have to be on all firearm sales contracts, and would have to be conspicuously printed on the front page of the instruction manual.  Passed Asm Public Safety on 4-2 vote on 4-19-05; Passed Asm Approps on a 13-5 party-line vote on May 11th.  Currently on the Assembly floor and could be voted on any time.  OPPOSE

AB 996 (Ridley-Thomas).  Ammunition.  Would require all retailers to keep ammunition in a place not accessible by the public without assistance of the retailer (such as under lock and key).  Passed Asm. Pub Safety on a 4-2 vote on 4-26-05.  Passed Asm Approps on a 12-5 vote on 5-4.  Failed passage on the floor on 5-16.  OPPOSE

AB 448 (La Suer).   Assault weapons.  Would repeal the assault weapons ban in California.  In Asm Public Safety, no hearing date set.  SUPPORT

Assemblyman Ray Haynes

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag, to take care of this when I get home tonight.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

AB 448 (La Suer).   Assault weapons.  Would repeal the assault weapons ban in California.  In Asm Public Safety, no hearing date set.  SUPPORT

Assemblyman Ray Haynes

Shall we have a parade?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I was happy to get the same response from Assemblyman Ray Haynes. He is not even in my area but he is now on my Cristmas card list!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Assemblyman Ray Haynes

Shall we have a parade?

Only if it doesn't die.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
So... what's the result of hearing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top