Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 11:39:09 AM EDT
I remember you guys talking about these lowers so i thought i should ask...

my brother in california bought a vulcan stripped reciever with one of those fixed 10rd mags i think.  he works near my area in AZ and says he would give me the stupid thing for a case of beer  

I have no use for a fixed mag AR but since detachable mag AR's are legal here should i snap it up and try to convert it over?

I will have to ask him to bring it out so i can look it over, but is it possible to punch out the pins and install a magazine release button?

Might be a cheap way to build a AR... i have a old upper and stock so i could probably build it for only a couple hundred bucks

so what i am asking is it feasible?

im really poor so saving a hundred here and there would help.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it for free, (thank your brother)

Sell it on the EE to a Kaliforian

Take the $$ and buy a no ban/free state lower.

Problem solved
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Take it for free, (thank your brother)

Sell it on the EE to a Kaliforian

Take the $$ and buy a no ban/free state lower.

Problem solved

no if i take it i have to do something with it or else he can just sell it. He doesn't want to waste the time and also he doesn't want to have to transfer it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
email sent back to you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Take it and resell it to somebody in Cali.  I can think of no reason for it to be difficult to convert over to a normal lower, but it is a Vulcan/Hesse product.  You can get anything you like.

Sell it to somebody in California at a reasonable price.  With the money you make you will be able to buy a lower from a company with a good reputation and you'll have money left over to boot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll buy it if the price is right
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
the roll pin holding the mag is in a blind hole under the mag catch.

You need to drill that pin.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the roll pin holding the mag is in a blind hole under the mag catch.

You need to drill that pin.

Yeah just drill the pin and you got yourself a normal stripped lower. I dont know about vulcan quality though
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]
my vulcan lower has just about the quality of my colt lower.  it's fit/finish is of about the same
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top