oh yeah
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid ass large picture
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Stupid ass large picture

This is the Vulcan lower you picked up at the San Diego Crossroads show?

Here, use this pic.

Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
thats the one
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
so when you wanna put it together?  I'm done with DSP tommorrow after 8
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
i need to get the hammer assembly and the safety selector.

For the record, dont buy off of sog arms, they didnt give me all the lower parts that I purchased and they wont return my calls.

***sog sent me the missing parts so all is well
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
exactly how is the mag held in place inside the well?
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
exactly how is the mag held in place inside the well?

Steel roll pin just behind the mag catch. Hole is drilled to the other side of the magwell, but not through the body making punching out of pin impossible. Mag is notched on the rear ridge, and pin is punched into the hole holding the mag in place. Pretty slick.

How do I know all of this? Replaced the crappy 10 rounder with a Bushie 10 while in Reno. DOJ could care less. It was never apart in their jurisdiction, hence no problems. That and they don't have the $$ and people to enforce anything anyways.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I have a pretty good idea of how it's set up. If I understand you right, it's just a post in a shallow hole that doesn't go through the receiver wall, and is concealed by the mag catch. Is that right? Is the post held in place or does it just sit in the hole? I would assume that it is not visible unless you push open the mag catch (and even then it would probably be hard to see). So how then did you replace it? Remove mag release, and pull the pin out with pliers or something? Sounds fairly simple, like something that could be duplicated at home....

...well if it IS set up the way I am thinking it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 1:39:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok, I have a pretty good idea of how it's set up. If I understand you right, it's just a post in a shallow hole that doesn't go through the receiver wall, and is concealed by the mag catch. Is that right? Is the post held in place or does it just sit in the hole? I would assume that it is not visible unless you push open the mag catch (and even then it would probably be hard to see). So how then did you replace it? Remove mag release, and pull the pin out with pliers or something? Sounds fairly simple, like something that could be duplicated at home....

...well if it IS set up the way I am thinking it is.

LOOKY HerE
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
If it can't be punched out, how do you get the pin out without drilling the whole thing out
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
It's amazing how much better the Bushmaster mag is compared to the Vulcan mag.
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If it can't be punched out, how do you get the pin out without drilling the whole thing out

easy, just use a very small drill bit(smaller than the roll pin) and drill a small hole on the other side through to the roll pin. then from there you can easily punch it out.  be VERY careful because you don't have much aluminum to play with
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I had one of those stocks and it was a total POS. Real jiggly. I'd get ready to replace that too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
hey blue,
             how do i assembly this stock. There is a spring on the inside and a bolt looking thing. Im not sure how the spring and bolt stay in.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
When you get your LPK theres a cylinder with a nipple on the end of it. A spring slides into that, and the whole thing goes into your lower receiver and that is what holds the buffer in place. Make sure to push it down when you screw the buffer tube in so just the little nipple sticks out and not the shoulder. I had a buddy somehow fuck that part up and the bolt sheared it in half and jammed the gun all up. A FAB10 is NOT a fun gun to try and take apart when the whole thing is clusterfucked like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#17]
got it,
thanks

now the only problem is that vulcan must have screwed up the pivot pin spring hole and I need to use 2 detents for it to work.

anyone ever heard of this before?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top