Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/7/2005 6:10:26 AM EDT
well kiddies it's on again.
tac 7 , directly behind tac3a.

PLEASE PRACTICE THE 4 RULES SAFE GUN HANDLING.
SIGN IN AT THE OFFICE($15.00 private range fee), TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE AR15.COM GROUP.
MAKE SURE WHAT YOU BRING UP IS LEGAL!!
PLEASE WEAR EYE PROTECTION AT ALL TIMES!!
NO STEEL CORE AMMO!!
CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO SHOOT MY STUFF. BRING CLEAN AMMO IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT IT.
5.56X45mm/7.62X51mm/9mm

TARGETS CAN BE RENTED AT THE OFFICE, CLAY,PAPER, BOWLING PINS ETC.....
or  if you wish you can bring your own targets,but they can't be anything that cant be picked up or biodegradable.
met some new arfccom faces to burro last sat. looking forward to seeing all of you again and arfcom newbies are always welcome.

directions:
210 freeway, exit azuza(hwy39), go all the way up and turn right on east fork road, 1/2 mi left hand side
follow the signs to burro.

and if smglee gets my mrp before then . i will be up at burro to sight it in. mini-shoot, before march...
meet me if you can. i will post that too.

next time chef banger , it will be potluck. if you don't mind bringing your gas grill. i will provide the hamburgers and buns and condiments.

meat

once again paul, pa-danby, and bear show up please?
and can i get this pinned master chief?
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
12th feb. sat.

by anychance did anyone find a m1a mag????  smglee's m1a mag is m.i.a.
if you guys found it, can you IM smglee??

thanks, meat
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Also those that shoot Shotgun. You need to police/pick up your spent shells. I had a plesant talk with the range guy (lucky me, I was the last one leaving) and he was pissed when he saw the shotgun shells on the ground. I offered to help him pick them up but he said he'll take care of it the next morning.

Brass and stell cases are fine but the shotgun shells have those plastic shell liners so it doesn't bio-degrade as well.

Have fun at the next one.

Edited to add:
(gets on soapbox)
Regarding the comment about legal stuff. Well if it is or not that is your business but if it is in question please leave it at home and don't put yourself or the group at risk. We are a fun group to hang with and shoot the sh$t  but we want to be able to continue these get-to-gethers without attracting the "legal" eye of BIG BROTHER. If we are all legit they have nothing on us and as you can tell from our previous shoots we love to have fun and show off that Californian's still have legal AW.
Our gatherings are open to all that have the same interests as we do and that includes Big Brother so we want to put forth a good reputation as a law bidding social group and nothing otherwise, right... Peace.
(gets off the soapbox)
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
is there an adress u can post so i can map-quest it please, thanx.  

Hope i can make it
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
www.burrocanyon.com/

That should have all the directions you need
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]

5TH OF MARCH

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  

Well I'll enjoy the pictures anyway....

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

5TH OF MARCH

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  

Cheers

just might have a conflict in schelduel, might have to move the shoot back a week. don,t know yet..

meat
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5TH OF MARCH

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  

Cheers

just might have a conflict in schelduel, might have to move the shoot back a week. don,t know yet..

meat

Ooooh not a good weekend for me either.... can we push it back a week?
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Moe-Ron....how's OR treating ya!

My XD's still waiting for ya?!

I'll be there again......and i'll be sure to bring more ammo, been on a budget lately, so ammo's the first to go......of course, living 20 minutes from the open desert, and being able to shoot 24/7 doesn't make life easy.....*sigh*....what a hard life!?

Link Posted: 2/8/2005 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5TH OF MARCH

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  

Cheers

meat

for got i had to be outta town that weekend, so the date has been set to the 12th of march sat. at 9am

meat
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Meat, thanks for posting the MIA M1a magazine.

I will have your MRP with PRI gasbuster latch and Troy Battle sight front and rear this week or middle of next week.  Let's arrange for a pick up this weekend or sometime next week.

Do you need a TD VFG and a pre-order on the new TD bi-pod??

that money has beeen set aside for the carbine class ! but it don't look good that we will be able to hold the carbine class anytime soon. so kick me down some o.d. td vfg and rail covers like you had posted earlier on the ar forum. all o.d. please..

meat
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Chen,
Do you have any SF M900?  Also need a 3 point sling
Oh yeah I'll be there too, I'll bring another toy for others to play next time
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, the 12th is after I leave my job. My brother graduates marine boot camp on the 11th. If I make it, my marine brother will probably be there too.

Take care Hitman...

Rayn
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I'll be there. Saturdays work better for me since I recently got into Schutzhund training for my dog which takes place on Sundays and Wednesdays. By the way I can get a hold of alot of used bowling pins. Should I bring any? Anybody have any ideas on making a stand for them? I'll see if I can come up with something. Maybe a singing type or something.
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Chen, will do tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well I'll be there. Saturdays work better for me since I recently got into Schutzhund training for my dog which takes place on Sundays and Wednesdays. By the way I can get a hold of alot of used bowling pins. Should I bring any? Anybody have any ideas on making a stand for them? I'll see if I can come up with something. Maybe a singing type or something.

Bowling pins YES bring them.  I usually hang mine from a cheap sawhorse made from a pair of brackets and 2x4s.  I bring an electric screwdriver and fasten them together and a scrap of wood to brace the legs apart.  You can also put the pins on top and if you hit them they drop off.  In any case, when hit they spin or move somehow so you can see if you hit them and when hanging you don't really have to go out and re-set them unless somebody hits the cord or rope you were using to suspend them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
CONFIRMED TAC 7. FOR SAT 12TH OF MARCH

meat
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks much, don't drag yer half drunk ass there this time
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks much, don't drag yer half drunk ass there this time

i was hungover not half drunk, i don't do anything half assed, it's either a full drunk or no drunk at all...

meat
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#21]

In this order
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Hopefully I can make it this time... I've got a can of 7.62NATO itching to be fired.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hopefully I can make it this time... I've got a can of 7.62NATO itching to be fired.....

duffy, can a brother catch a break!

meat
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Say meat, what scope are you gonna use on yer MRP?
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Just curious....but why doesn't anyone ever get together for maybe local place for drinks, shoot the shit, or practice Isoceles stances while drunk??!?

Anyhow, I'd sure be up for a late dinner after a Burro Shoot......just thought maybe a few others might be interested.

Link Posted: 2/12/2005 6:51:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

my acog ta31.  this is gonna be final setup for a long time.......
don't know what im gonna use my aimpoint compm2 for though... back up optic ..

mister suzuki.... i wouldn't mind a little chow after the shoot...  hooters?????????????????

meat
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#27]
oh, ok now you guys think about going to Hooters when I'm gone.

All i'll be seeing for the next few months are LOL
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#28]
hitman , the dvd come put ok???

we'll have a have a beer for you @ hooters, while you are gone..

meat
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes DVD is ok.  But I'm still waiting on MrSuzuki's CD so I couldn't start on the editing yet and time has run out so I might have to do it when I get back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmm, if there's gonna be post-shoot drinking involved, who wants to carpool up from Costa Mesa?
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hmm, if there's gonna be post-shoot drinking involved, who wants to carpool up from Costa Mesa?

you  really need to show up to burro one of these days , when you are not so busy....
i live in city of orange.......
anytime......

meat
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#33]
hm, I wanna know what yer getting to replace your MRP

Link Posted: 2/16/2005 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#34]
smglee,
thanks for my mrp!!!! kicking wife outta bed and sleeping with my mrp!!!
duffy, if i am not outta town this weekend and it don't rain, i'll hook up with ya . need to sight in the mrp.

banger, comp m2 for sale. double batt. holder ,kill flash, and arms mount.
interested in my old upper 16" cmmg, 1:7 twist with , or without the kac rasII., let me know.
i need to get an otal.

meat
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#35]
im message sent for comp m2
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#37]
With Meat's permission........rules for all to abide by.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=190118

The Four Rules of Firearms Handling
by Jeff Cooper

Rule 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
The only exception to this occurs when you have a firearm in your hands and you have personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as you put it down, Rule 1 applies again

Rule 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY.
You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

Rule 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.
This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

Rule 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Too lazy to retype....so cut'n & past'n!!  

Almost forgot...since I'd like to go back home intact, and without any extra holes other than God gave me (ok....make a joke!).

Here's the same thing again......the 4 (four) Basic Rules that we will ALL abide by.....not 1, or 2, or 3....but ALL 4!  

Also, another question was posed about Range Officers......we will be self-policed, so memorize & follow them carefully:
THE FOUR (4) RULES OF FIREARM HANDLING & SAFETY

I'm not sure who'll be the RO this time.....I"ve been battling a persistent cough, so I can't yell at the top of my lungs!  If you're familiar with all 4 rules, can yell, and don't mind wearing a bright yellow vest.......you can be our RO!!!  

Please, be safe folks......Line Breaks every 30 minutes.  3 minute warning to fire remaining shots at "3 Minutes to Line Break", "CEASE FIRE", if your gun is loaded, make it safe, eject live rounds, actions open.  We have 10 minutes to change targets.  "RANGE IS HOT", means you're good to shoot and!

"CEASE FIRE" can be called by ANYONE, if something happens, or see something that's wrong.  

Remeber the following:

THE FOUR (4) RULES OF FIREARM HANDLING & SAFETY

Sorry Meat for reposting this again......just was a little scared at the last one.  Remember, just because we have Tacpoints, does not mean we have Airsoft guns too!  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#39]
thanks to mister suzuki for posting the 4 rules.

i just want to add that if anyone has anything good to add to this thread , by all means please post it.
any suggestions ,ideas good or bad. just trying to be safe and have a helluva time doin it!!!

meat
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#40]
i don't know if i can make it to this months shoot, my friend is getting married the next week after the 12th,so i dont think ill be able to take two saturdays off, but still i can lend out my grill if you guys want it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mister suzuki.... i wouldn't mind a little chow after the shoot...  hooters?????????????????

meat

anyone else interested in a MRP, i am selling my demoRifle length MRP with a 14.5 barrel has about 1000 rounds out of it.

Hitman can tell you how well the upper works.

i'm interested. is there a flash suppresor perm attached? what kind? how much? feel free to email me. ~steve
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

anyone else interested in a MRP, i am selling my demoRifle length MRP with a 14.5 barrel has about 1000 rounds out of it.

Hitman can tell you how well the upper works.

i'm interested. is there a flash suppresor perm attached? what kind? how much? feel free to email me. ~steve

give smglee a IM, or contact him at cltactical.com

he can set you up with everything you need . if it's a 14.5 " bbl , he can get the vortex pinned and welded on.   just hope it stops raining so i can get it sighted in this weekend

meat
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd love to make it but I work Saturdays (at night of course) so I'll have to plan to ty to make the drive on the next trip.

Link Posted: 2/17/2005 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I'd love to make it but I work Saturdays (at night of course) so I'll have to plan to ty to make the drive on the next trip.

i have noticed that some of our fine comrades have to work on sat.  so i will from now on go one month on a sat. and the next on a sun.  cause i like to see kisara, ar15fan and others that have to work on saturdays.
so april it will be on a sunday.

meat
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Chen,
Do you have any SF M900?  Also need a 3 point sling
Oh yeah I'll be there too, I'll bring another toy for others to play next time

duffy , if you pick it up i have a unused new surefire beamcover cap. fm17or someting like it, definetly not for the 6p/9p. if it fits ya can have it for a couple of beers. in case of accidental light discharge. i oredered the wrong one last year.

if not anyone else want to buy me a couple of beers for it???

meat
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Meat, sure I'll take it if it fits, I have a ton of SF lights, P6, C2, M3, L2, E2D, E1, and the weapon mounted lights  though I have no idea what color it is (IR would be nice), I'll buy you couple of these miniature liquor bottles, cuz I know you like to get drunk

Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Meat, sure I'll take it if it fits, I have a ton of SF lights, P6, C2, M3, L2, E2D, E1, and the weapon mounted lights  though I have no idea what color it is (IR would be nice), I'll buy you couple of these miniature liquor bottles, cuz I know you like to get drunk

duffy, it's a beamcover, no lenses, just blocks out the light completely.
no hard liquor please, guiness will do just fine!!! ummmmmmmm , nectar of the gods!!
if it stop raining for a day and we can hook up i'll bring it, if it don't fit maybe you can find it a good home for someone else....
meat
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#49]
get a shot glass fill it with 3/4 of jagermeister, top it off with barcardi 151 and light it up, drop it into a glass of guiness, and drink....tastes like dr pepper
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Sure, I'll take it anyway
Let's see if it rains on Saturday
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top