Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 7:40:35 PM EDT
I saw the news today and they showed San Juan "creek" which is really just a cement lined flood channel.  I dont think it usually has any water in it, except perhaps at high tide from Doheny State Beach?

Anyway, on the news it looked like a raging river and the concrete walls on one side collasped. So they had to evacuate 4000 people in the horse community of San Juan Capistrano.  I dont remember this type of damage during El Nino 7 years ago, and it rained a lot more then!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Was driving home today up the 71 frwy and saw Prado Dam filled like I've never seen it before!Even Corona airpport was under water from what I heard and Prado shooting range was completely gone.All you could see was about 1/2 foot of roofs.Lotsa aqua flowing this week!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
warm rain mixed with packed mtn snow = massive water runoff

all the dams in the area are topped or over flowing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Craig Park in Brea/Placentia is now Craig Lake.  Rauuhages is ??

Looks like the rains stopped just in time, if we had been hit yesterday with what was originally predicted, there would have been lots of problems.  Only problem now is they are draining everything to make room for more as fast as they can and not holding much for soaking in.

Check out my Uncle Pete thread.

I've lived here for 50 years and I haven't seen it this bad since one series of storms in the late 60's.  Guess we know why they wanted to build up the top of Prado.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was driving home today up the 71 frwy and saw Prado Dam filled like I've never seen it before!

Here's Prado Olympic Shooting Park today, under 15 feet of water:

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've lived here for 50 years and I haven't seen it this bad since one series of storms in the late 60's.  

Ah, the Great Flood of 69, when bits and pieces of Anaheim and Orange were carried away to the ocean by the Santa Ana River .  After that, the Army Copr of Engineers paved the whole river up to Corona or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here's Prado Olympic Shooting Park today, under 15 feet of water:

pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL856/883856/1607944/80706351.jpg

Holy smokes!

ETA: On my monitor, it looks kind of like a few boats tied up and a dock floating there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top