Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 7:39:03 AM EDT
See the deterioration of Democracy in America. This Matsui was a do-nothing political hack who served TWENTY SIX YEARS in the government; what did he accomplish? Reparations for Japanese "internees" in WWII. Those places were like summer camps compared to a Nazi KZ Laager, so stop your sniveling...

He only cared about minorities. When oh when will the majority of America be served by the politicians?

Columnist Dan Walters was the only guy I heard say anything negative about this meek non-entity. He said old Bob was always talking about running for Senate, Govenor, etc., but was AFRAID of loosing his "safe seat" in congress. Coward.

Plant the bastard already and let us forget he even existed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
What happened now?

Sorry I don't watch TV....or read the newspaper....or engaged the "real world" in any real way. Dang, my life is kind of bland. </joke>
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Those places were like summer camps compared to a Nazi KZ Laager, so stop your sniveling...

Edited because "Go fuck yourself" isn't very clear.

To say that the internment camps were "summer camps" is just flat out fucking stupid.  MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS were ripped from their communities losing their homes, businesses, and savings to be stuck in some hell hole under some of the harshest conditions the country has to offer--for YEARS.  So because they weren't the absolute worst conditions the world has ever seen they should just shut up and pretend it never happened?

You are a fucking ignorant.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah i would have to agree, the camps were far from a picnic when you knew you had nothing to go back to cause it had all be taken from you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Those places were like summer camps compared to a Nazi KZ Laager, so stop your sniveling...

Edited because "Go fuck yourself" isn't very clear.

To say that the internment camps were "summer camps" is just flat out fucking stupid.  MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS were ripped from their communities losing their homes, businesses, and savings to be stuck in some hell hole under some of the harshest conditions the country has to offer--for YEARS.  So because they weren't the absolute worst conditions the world has ever seen they should just shut up and pretend it never happened?

You are a fucking ignorant.

+1
moe-ron.  hey moe, how's oregon??? settle in yet???? hope to see you in the near future friend.
until then take cares and let us know how you're doin ince in awhile
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't say they were summer camps...When your family of AMERICAN CITIZENS, who has been in this country for 50 years BEFORE the start of the war is taken from their farmland and forced into a "relocation camp," and when your mother is born in a wooden shack in the middle of the Arizona desert at Poston, you can tell me that it wasn't a big deal.  I'm not saying whether or not Matsui was a good man/politician or not, but don't try to tell me that the internment of Japanese AMERICANS was a fucking picnic.  Not only was my family forcibly removed from THEIR land, all of their equipment was stolen and when the war was over, they came back to NOTHING.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Six million doed in the Nazi concentration camps. How many Japanese died in the internment camps?

So my tax dollars should pay for these "reparations"?

And next it will be reparations to the blacks because of slavery. Out of my pockets. Even though my family never owned slaves, and fought in several Federal regiments. The US Government never owned a slave. Private citizens in the South did.

Maybe I should sue the Confederacy for their lost lives of my realatives who faught in the civil War.

And why stop there? Maybe I should go all the way back in my family history and find out if they were ever "victims".

Perhaps my German ancestors were "victimized" by the Romans, then I could...oh no wait, I'm part Italian so I would just be robbing myself.

Thats right ROBBING. I had no say about "reparations" to the Japanese who went to the internment camps. The government didn't ask they just took it.

Matsui was Japanese so he went after money for his people. I can understand that. Why didn't he go after reparations for the Chinese who built the Trans-Continental Railroad? Because they were not his particular ethnic group and as such he just didn't care? Or maybe it was inter-asian rascism, somethink the Japanese are well known for?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
guys DO NOT feed the troll    
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Six million doed in the Nazi concentration camps. How many Japanese died in the internment camps?

And next it will be reparations to the blacks because of slavery. Out of my pockets. Even though my family never owned slaves, and fought in several Federal regiments. The US Government never owned a slave. Private citizens in the South did.

Maybe I should sue the Confederacy for their lost lives of my realatives who faught in the civil War.

And why stop there? Maybe I should go all the way back in my family history and find out if they were ever "victims".

Perhaps my German ancestors were "victimized" by the Romans, then I could...oh no wait, I'm part Italian so I would just be robbing myself.

Thats right ROBBING. I had no say about "reparations" to the Japanese who went to the internment camps. The government didn't ask they just took it.

Matsui was Japanese so he went after money for his people. I can understand that. Why didn't he go after reparations for the Chinese who built the Trans-Continental Railroad? Because they were not his particular ethnic group and as such he just didn't care? Or maybe it was inter-asian rascism, somethink the Japanese are well known for?

Exactly.
The internment camps were, and should be a necesarry evil in a time of war.
After all it was the Japanese that attacked America, and betrayed the American people, much like the Middle Eastern crowd is doing right now.
I truly belive that if it was the USA against the Middle East , that the internment Camps would be just a part of freedom.
Unfortunately, we have gone so PC, that our borders are as porous as Sponge Bob is absorbent.
Matsui's one big accomplishment is that he got reparations for none who deserved it.
If we want to start talking reparations, look at what is happening as your freedoms are eroding today.  What are you doing to take them back, and I'm not just talking about the Second Amendment here.
While the Politicians continue to grub all our money, and take bribes, and have no accountability,  We the People who are the Government jsut sit on the side lines and watch.
I'm sure there is one or two that are not sitting on the sidelines, but there are millions more who are.
Nazi Germany killed 6 million Jews, and 7 million non Jews.
The Japanese slaughtered men women in children innocently enjoying the crest of a beautiful day, and their guilt by association only got them internment camps, another reason to thank God for America, as the ones in the internment camps were able to go on and continue, but all those fallen soldiers who fought for them still lay in their graves, all those fallen concentration camp civilians still lay in theirs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
oh, let's just drop this nonsense and move on to more destructive things......... shall we???

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked this part:

Quoted:

I think he just answered his own question of why the Government is responsible for the camps and not salvery
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure the Government is responsible.

So why should I pay?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#13]
The Government gets its money from us (civilians) so no matter how you look at it...technically we are going to pay for it in the end. (directly or indirectly)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
See the deterioration of Democracy in America. This Matsui was a do-nothing political hack who served TWENTY SIX YEARS in the government; what did he accomplish? Reparations for Japanese "internees" in WWII. Those places were like summer camps compared to a Nazi KZ Laager, so stop your sniveling...

He only cared about minorities. When oh when will the majority of America be served by the politicians?

Columnist Dan Walters was the only guy I heard say anything negative about this meek non-entity. He said old Bob was always talking about running for Senate, Govenor, etc., but was AFRAID of loosing his "safe seat" in congress. Coward.

Plant the bastard already and let us forget he even existed.

man, you really are Stupid.   and thats all i gotta say. u fucken moron:-)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.
The internment camps were, and should be a necesarry evil in a time of war.
After all it was the Japanese that attacked America, and betrayed the American people, much like the Middle Eastern crowd is doing right now.
I truly belive that if it was the USA against the Middle East , that the internment Camps would be just a part of freedom.
Unfortunately, we have gone so PC, that our borders are as porous as Sponge Bob is absorbent.
Matsui's one big accomplishment is that he got reparations for none who deserved it.
If we want to start talking reparations, look at what is happening as your freedoms are eroding today.  What are you doing to take them back, and I'm not just talking about the Second Amendment here.
While the Politicians continue to grub all our money, and take bribes, and have no accountability,  We the People who are the Government jsut sit on the side lines and watch.
I'm sure there is one or two that are not sitting on the sidelines, but there are millions more who are.
Nazi Germany killed 6 million Jews, and 7 million non Jews.
The Japanese slaughtered men women in children innocently enjoying the crest of a beautiful day, and their guilt by association only got them internment camps, another reason to thank God for America, as the ones in the internment camps were able to go on and continue, but all those fallen soldiers who fought for them still lay in their graves, all those fallen concentration camp civilians still lay in theirs.

Hmm, maybe we shoulda interned  American Germans and Italians too???  they were part of the Axis countries.  Nah, they too white..  lets just  stick to those damn orientals.. they are an easier scapegoat to pick on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Hmm, maybe we shoulda interned American Germans and Italians too??? they were part of the Axis countries. Nah, they too white.. lets just stick to those damn orientals.. they are an easier scapegoat to pick on.

The "white Germans" did not fair as well as the Japanese interns.
The "white Germans" were being tried on sedition, and executed.
I can't answer to the Italians but I'm sure they did not fare to well, as this Country used to be united.
Now its our "diversity" that makes us stong?  Not
It is common values that make us strong, its to bad that the USA is losing common value to the PC crowd.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
GUESS THE TRUTH HURTS
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#18]
You know nothing about Matsui.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#19]
My mom was relocated to Arkansas, and later worked for a Chicago publisher. After Pearl Harbor, my dad was kicked out of the military but later was re-instated, and served for intelligence as an interpreter in the Pacific theater. My dad's family lost everything, my mom's family held on to property. It was mainly the issei (first generation) that lost property, and mainly the nisei (second generation) that received reparations.

My feeling is reparations were not necessary and should not have been paid. Heck, why should sansei (third generation) pay taxes to give reparations to the nisei? Actually, they were far better people than I'll ever be (I guess that's true of that entire generation of Americans).

The country did what it felt it had to do to protect it's citizens. It's easy to sit back and second guess some sixty years later.

Reparations only make liberals feel good about themselves. Further, they set a bad precedent of second guessing an action taken many years ago to protect Americans (and some speculators took advantage of this) and rewarding the wrong people many years later.

ETA: I also don't know anything about Matsui, but if he died, may he rest in peace and be accorded whatever respect he is due.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You might want to check on that, I do not know if any federal agaencies kept slaves, but I do know that slaves were owned in the North, despite what some would have you beleive
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#21]

You know nothing about Matsui

The facts about Matsui as are I stated.

Did he do good things? Sure.

But he is an example of the type of Career Politician that is inimical to the continuation of our democratic conditions. All he did in public life was to draw a government paycheck.

Why he desrves such loyalty is beyond me. He was a gun-grabber and a Democrat hatchetman, a position he inherited once Vic Fazio (also from a "safe didtrict": a pre-requisite for this type) went bye-bye.

Look, we are not European peasants. These politicians are here to serve us. If he did good things in office then that is exactly what he was supposed to do, so why the praise? He was no real leader. He should have served his terms in office then returned to productive private life. But he never did; elected office was much more profitable.

That is what I think.

Please do not call the Thought Police.

I hope we are not enemies now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
let the haters hate.  I have no opinion over this dude but any flame war isnt going to change anybodys mind on this issue
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]
So now: A difference of opinion = hate.

A point by point refutation of my premis would be too much of an effort. So, instead its name calling.

I did not know we all had to march in lockstep here.

From now on I will stay with safe topics like zombies and 16" versus 20" barrels.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
PLEASE...

You belittle the horrfic experience of a people (many American people), who suffered tremendously for no other reason than being ethnically Japanese, and you expect a reasoned and thoughtful response?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Think water rights....Matsui

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Think water rights....Matsui

I'm taking a course at American River College next semester..."California Water Resources"

I'll get back to you on that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top