Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2005 9:30:31 PM EDT

This guy is from the Hunnington Beach area. He left California, for a free state, to do his gun business in. Here in Phoenix, Arizona.

Does anyone know George?

Any Good or Bad about him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if it was George I talked to, but I went into that store a few times, years ago.  The guy who helped me was very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I was completely ignored in the store, and when I did get some "help" they(dunno who or remember who) said if wasnt gonna buy it, i couldnt touch it.  I dunno what their problem was.  Maybe it was the fact I looked 22-23, had a goatee and a facial piercing.  I wasnt worth their time.. I was judged before I even opened my mouth.  I had my buddy with me too, we both are avid shooters, and own/buy many firearms.. we turned and left to never go back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, and the ironic thing is Turner's lets anyone touch anything. When I picked up my CZ 452 a couple days ago there was a guy who smelled to high heavens of marajuana (and I was several isle's away from him) and tried to act like a gangster. Phrases like "Yo, I'm lookin' fer a Glock 9 millie" were common. The guy got out from behind the counter and walked him anywhere he asked and even joked around with him. I waited for about 10 minutes at the counter, 10 feet from the same guy, and he didn't even ask if I needed anything even though he looked straight at me and I had the DROS receipt in my hand and in plain view.

Dennis at the San Bernardino Turner's is a great guy to deal with though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's ironic because if the small guys took the lesson that the bigger guys give, like dealing with your customers like they are a customer, then they would have a lot more of them; and far more of them would be returning customers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
He's a good guy.

I never bought a firearm fom him, but I did buy my reloading press, or one of them, and all my components from him.

Funny, he was ALWAYS in there, I never saw anyone else  working.

I'd tell you to say hi, but he wouldn't remember me, except as Malcolm's buddy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
was this the guy on beach blvd in westminster?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Yes!
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
he was over priced on guns. i never bought anything there but i was always treated right. he did have a large selection of reloading gear. sad to see him go. soon only turners will be left.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I use to get some reloading components from him.He was very informative and helpful on that i could ask any ?s and got an answer.plus he had evrything you need in stock.as for the gun side of the store i glanced a few times but never really got help on that but then again i wasnt really that interested just looking.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Goehge had  good prices but the personality of a brick.  Toobad he's gone , but his attitude sucked and acted like he was doing you a favor if you wanted to buy anything from him.

Just my opinion
Michael
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Goehge had  good prices but the personality of a brick.  Toobad he's gone , but his attitude sucked and acted like he was doing you a favor if you wanted to buy anything from him.

Just my opinion
Michael

I'd agree with that statement 100%. I never bought a gun there only because he quoted a friend a price the day before, and then told me a higher price the next day. When I questioned him on it, he told me that he didn't like something about me. I only bought ammo from him once and that was it. When he was going out of business, he said he was getting out the industry all together.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top