Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 5:51:12 PM EDT
like a savage or the new weatherby or even a tc? ill take any .223 handgun..........
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
like a savage or the new weatherby or even a tc? ill take any .223 handgun..........

CA does not 'regulate' bolt-actions...

With a perminantly attached upper, you could have a 'bolt action' (pull the CH for each shot, or use a side-pull upper) AR, IIRC...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
are you saying all the bolt action handguns are available in ca?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i don't think they are. go to turners.com near the bottom of the page there is a link to the doj site. if it is on the list you can get it. if not ppt is the only way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CA does not 'regulate' bolt-actions...

OH YES THEY DO, the keyword here is HANDGUN.

unless the handgun is a C&R it must go through drop testing, regardless of the action.

new T/Cs and remington bolt action silouhette handguns are not on the safety list, most likely were never submitted, so NEW models can not be purchased.
i WISH they would submit cuz i want a G2 T/C.

you can buy a private party USED T/C or other bolt action pistol. just gotta keep an eye out for someone selling one.

your best bet is getting a T/C contender or encore, and getting the barrel/caliber you want.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
For new handguns, your choices are limited to: justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf

For used handguns, you can buy anything you can find for sale.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#6]
garand  -   are you saying tc's are available?

california kid   -   can i buy a used gun thats not on the list from out of state via gunbroker?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
brand new T/Cs from the manufacterer? NO, until they submit them for testing.

USED private party T/Cs? YES

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top