Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 2:07:51 PM EDT
In December i am going to my first gunshow. But god damn i am in Cali. How are the gunshows here. i am wanting to buy a Beretta 92. how much could i expect to pay for one at the show. thanks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The gunshows nowadays are pretty much crap: more beef jerky, moccasins, and knives than guns.

I don't recall how much Berettas are, but probably in the $500 range.

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
cali shows are only good for ammo. people seem to add one hundred or so dollars to guns at california shows.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
As mentioned above, the main gunshows (Crossroads of the West) can be a bit limited, although you can still find uppers for semi autos, good deals on ammo, and nachos there.

There is ONE other SoCal show, more of a fair, really; called Raahauge's:

http://www.raahauges.com/

This one allows you to actually test out guns. For example, I went there and tested out the Savage Accutrigger and a S&W .357. I think this show is annual. But we also got to see Todd Jarrett and Rob Leatham demonstrate their skills at the show I had attended. I think this one may be interesting to all shooters.

Edit: Here's some Roadrunner shows: Roadrunner
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
go to the costa mesa OC gun show in Nov on thanksgiving weekend, its the best in the state.

gun shows can go either way depending on the person and what they are wanting to get out of them.
with the DOJ going to every show and cracking down, many people wont even bother to deal in guns at the show. under klinton the feds raised the FFL fee and that got many small time guys out of the buisness.

the same complaints about gun shows in kali are the same ones i hear about in other states, except that they have hi caps and AWs.

being that its your first time im sure you will have a good time.

the best gun show on the west coast is the Small arms review/Crossroads show in PHX on Dec 3,4,5
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
hey guys keep those respnses coming they help a lot. but Garand1911 what do you mean by deal in guns? like sell out of trunks or something?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
no, he just means that they dont sell guns at all at the shows. Too much hassle. Most of the shows around here the dealers are mostly selling accessories. Holsters and parts and lots of CRAP.
I can even find reloading supplies at most of them
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
E99Avant:
I agree with Snorkel_Bob, many gunshow gun laws in Kali-fornia are designed to hinder the dealers/vendors to prevent them from selling guns. Like everything else in this nanny state, this is regulated to the max. For your first gun I would just walk around and look, see what they are selling. You have to be careful buying at a gunshow because there are some unscrupously people there.

If you're looking for a Beretta 92 be sure to get everything that comes in the factory box. At one time B&B in N. Hollywood(now out of business) would remove the extra mag from the factory plastic box and sell it the same price as Turner's that comes with 2 factory mags.

BTW: Have you got all of your paper work in order so that when you find a good deal you can jump on it? Also remember the price of your pistol will NOT include the CalDoJ DROS(read background check) fee and sales tax, that can amount to 20% price increase.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]

E99Avant
In December i am going to my first gunshow. But god damn i am in Cali. How are the gunshows here. i am wanting to buy a Beretta 92. how much could i expect to pay for one at the show. thanks.
Last Edited :: 10/23/2004 6:07:51 PM by Gunstock

Is Gunstock you too?  How do you get two names?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
no gunstock is not me. i dont know what that is. Just E99Avant
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Parking = $6
Entry = $5

Junk "Indian" trinkets, eyeglass cleaners, homemade beef jerky, Chinese airsoft toys, free chiropractic exams ("your back is crooked, see- this scale says so"), beanie babies, and hoardes of nylon tactical equipment that wouldn't survive a day of paintball.

Hot dog - $6.50
Beer (in a plastic bottle!) = $7

CA gun shows:
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Kisara: Instead of a "gun & knife show," it should be changed to "knife & antiques show."
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks Snorkel Bob -- thats exactly what i meant. so many gun laws makes people not even want to bother with selling guns, too much of a hassle.

the costa mesa show and glendale show have FREE parking. the parking fees are set by the VENUE, not by the gun show promoter. i know that the del mar Venue charges the vendors to park there all weekend, which is total BS.

as far as the non-gun related vendors -- well i would prefer that they werent there, BUT they must be making money for them to keep on showing up, so whos to blame?
those of us that eat beef jerky while walking the show? those of us that bring our kids and women-folk who get bored within 5 min and then head to the jewelry and beanie baby table? nothing wrong with bringing the kids and women, but you got to keep them happy too.

these non-gun vendors make it more possible for the gun shows to exist, to fill up the extra table space and put a few more bucks into the promoters pocket, which must be nice when paying off the liability insurance and fighting the state laws trying to ban the show. i look at it as a necessary evil
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Shows are still good for ammo and reloading supplies which are heavy weight items.

As for the Beretta 92, look for a Turners special, which they always have, or seach online.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Ammo and accessories. I just bought a bunch of stripper clips (10 for a dollar), a padded rifle case ($15), an M16 chamber brush (damn near free), and 1000rds of Q3131A ($175) at the show at Cal Expo in Sacramento a couple of weeks ago.

LOTS of beef jerky, knives, bolt guns and shotguns. Next to nothing in black rifles, or even parts. I did get to drool over a couple of Springfield's SOCOM M1A's, however. Me want.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Ammo and reloading components are why I go to the gun shows.  Really... that's it.  I'm a little surprised that there aren't more large vendors selling ammo at the shows.  It's pretty much just Miwall.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree with Chaingun...forget the expensive gun shows and wait for Turner's to run a special on Berettas.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's pretty much just Miwall.

thats just it, how many BIG ammo vendors/dealers are in this state? not many, if any.
how many have the willingness, and manpower to go to most of the major gun shows in kali ? none?

how many tables does miwall have? im guessing around 30 at costa mesa at $85 ea.
how many workers?
how many trucks and forklifts and pallets of ammo ?

they are a big operation, and it requires a lot of work just for one weekend. i dont think many people are up to the task to even do 1/3 of what they do.

thinking about it now we are really lucky to have them around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Garand1911: I think Miwall is based in Santa Clara CA, so they should at least try to make it to all or most of the gunshow in Kali-fornia.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's pretty much just Miwall.

thats just it, how many BIG ammo vendors/dealers are in this state? not many, if any.
how many have the willingness, and manpower to go to most of the major gun shows in kali ? none?

how many tables does miwall have? im guessing around 30 at costa mesa at $85 ea.
how many workers?
how many trucks and forklifts and pallets of ammo ?

they are a big operation, and it requires a lot of work just for one weekend. i dont think many people are up to the task to even do 1/3 of what they do.

thinking about it now we are really lucky to have them around.

I like Miwall.  They're the only reason I go to gunshows now.  Unless of course I need a rifle case or some beef jerky or some hot sauce.  I've bought  XM193 and Q3131A from them, and I plan on buying some plinking ammo for my new 1911 in November.  I'm glad they're around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#20]
They should skip the gunshows, and just post a monthy or bi-monthly road trip route.   Kind of like a travelling ice cream truck, then us bulk ammo buyers can skip the parking, admission, crowds and long drives.    And they too can skip the table fees.  

"In-and-Out Ammo"   Just pull up, pop the trunk, sign here and say,
HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#21]
kal shows sucks ass big time....before the ban....the shows were pretty awesome....lots and lots of guns/ammo.....now its only mostly junk/dolls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top