Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 10:25:37 AM EDT
Anybody in NorCal need a former spacecraft operations type come April? My company is cutting several of us loose at the end of March and I'm gonna have to get a new yob. I'm up in the North Bay, and can work well with any type of ground station systems, TT&C systems, crypto,  RF test equipment or SATCOM equipment, and the last few years I've been working in on-orbit spacecraft bus and payload operations type stuff. They're giving a pretty good retention package to stay to the end, but I'll need some work before too many months pass beyond March.

Anybody looking for former Army Space Command satellite control/RF skills out here? I don't have a current clearance, but I had a TS/SSBI that was last active in DEC 1998.

Any prospects much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
All I could say is to work with the Army as a civilian or with the Air Force in Arizona.
You'll get something soon with your experience.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged.

Someone I know was just hired by a test facility at Edwards, if I remember right.  I'm at work now so I don't have all my email to fall back on.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
EAFB is a bit of a drive from NorCal.
I would suggest checking to see if anything was available with Lockheed up in Sunnyvale.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, don't worry about it. According to your experirnces, you should get decent offers soon.

I am not familiar with your field, but I heard a lot of companies of defence industries are located in Southern Kali such as Thousand Oaks and San Diego area.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
How are your plumbing skills?
Just kidding, Good Luck
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Lockhed-Martin
Aerospace Corp
Nortrop-Grumman
Boeing
NASA Goddard SFC
JPL
The upstart in Chandler, AZ
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
layoffs suck, Cabelas is hiring
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#9]
We have an Aerojet(Gen Corp) here in Sacramento.

Does that help?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Just met some friends of a friend while I was in SanLuis Obisbo this weekend, they are working down at Vandenberg(think with Lockheed Martin).

Sounds like they are both doing telemetry type stuff down there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top