Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 8:21:46 AM EDT
I emailed ZM about their thumb grip and received this reply"

A.T.F.RULED THE HOZ GRIP IS NOT A PISTOL GRIP,THERE FOR IT WAS NOT COUNTED AS ONE OF THE FIVE BAD THINGS,BUT NOW THE BAN IS GONE IT DOES MEAN ANY THING TO Z-M WEAPONS FOR A MARKET,WE DON`T MAKE OR STOCK IT ANY MORE---------THANKS FOR ASKING----ALLAN    

How about using this grip, with DOJ's approval, with a non-listed AR receiver like an 80%?  It does meet the "hand partially above the imaginary line" requirement.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone? shit i caould make one of those. then i could get a real lower. right?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
AR-15s are banned as a series... a while back I read that some court ruled that the DOJ CANNOT enforce this, that your receiver MUST be named in order for them to prosecute.

HOWEVER, the DOJ still insists that it CAN enforce things this way. I would not want to be the one to try it out....

oh, and for damn sure they're not going to approve it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
forget the grip.. how does that stock work??
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
forget the grip.. how does that stock work??

They move the spring that works the bolt from inside the buffer tube to around the barrel (or was it around the "gas tube?"), thereby eliminating the need for a buffer tube, allowing a side-folding stock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
AR-15s are banned as a series... a while back I read that some court ruled that the DOJ CANNOT enforce this, that your receiver MUST be named in order for them to prosecute.

HOWEVER, the DOJ still insists that it CAN enforce things this way. I would not want to be the one to try it out....

oh, and for damn sure they're not going to approve it.

I've been meaning to write the DOJ for clarification.  They are allowing the AK pump which uses a standard AK receiver.  Sure the barrel is different, but when someone strips down to the receiver (maintenance) it's an AK receiver.  Without knowing it, according to DOJ, this person must follow all AW rules including transportation rules.  

To me 80%s are legal just need clarification
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top