Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 1:24:10 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a Serbu .50. I was woundering if anyone knew of a good transfer dealer in the Sacramento area.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
in Kalifornistan, Do you have to have a special dealer for 50bmg? I thought you could just do FFL?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he meant "A FFL who would not mind transferring a .50BMG rifle/receiver, and would give me the not-ripoff rate... who is near Sacramento."
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think he meant "A FFL who would not mind transferring a .50BMG rifle/receiver, and would give me the not-ripoff rate... who is near Sacramento."

Thanks. The only FFL around there is in No. Highlands but not sure of prices.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you checked with River City Gun Exchange?  I bought a FAB-10 from them, they seemed to be reasonable for a gun shop.  They are south of downtown on Fruitridge Rd near 24th St.

I also saw a couple 50's last time I was there, looked like an Armalite and a windrunner.  They looked like they were there for transfers as they weren't in the regular display.

I have no idea what their price for transfers are but I wouldn't pay more than $30-40.

River City Gun Exchange
916-428-0377
2358 Fruitridge Rd

Edit:
I just checked on Calguns.net and there is a topic in the rifle section about Sacramento tranfers.  Here is a link to it:
calguns.net/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=888602736&f=332609466&m=15610875711
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Look in the phone book, I don't live in Sac but I work there alot, and am amazed at how many gun stores there are.
It seems like with every new job, I find a new gun store
Also you can go to gunbroker, or gunsamerica, and type in your area code for  transfer dealers in your area.
Most transfer dealers are going to rip you off.
If you find someone who will do it for 40.00 plus the 20.00 DROS fees consider yourself finding a bargain
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top