Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 3:11:39 PM EDT
I was in there yesterday and one of the clerks told me that they ween't going to be carrying firearms.  The administrative hassle that the company wants them  to do to ensure legal compliance isn't apparently worth the effort.

That said about a month ago one of the assistant managers for sporting goods said he had finished the training and the guns were still in back.

So that apparently leaves only the La Habra store in my neck of the woods (close to but not in LA County) alledgedly going to be carrying guns.  Anybody heard anything else lately?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought all the Wally Worlds in Ca didn't sell guns. Only BB guns.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thought all the Wally Worlds in Ca didn't sell guns. Only BB guns.

Well, none of the new ones do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
do the wallyworlds out there carry blackpowder rifles?  (just curious....they do here)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither the one in Westminster, nor the one in Milpitas carry firearms. Ammo, yes, but no guns.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The Wall-Mart in Durate, Calif(10 miles east of L.A., San Gab. Valley, 210 Fwy & Mountain) stopped carrying firearms 2 years ago. This store now only sells pellet guns. And they sell ammo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#7]
none of the walmarts in the antelope valley have them either. everything here is airguns....sad
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Wally world Riverside carrys the normal politically correct bolt action rifles and shot guns. Don't remember seeing a Mini-14 there in a while.

Paul, are you talking about the one next to Murphy Canyon? I didn't see anything there. Maybe I'll check again and ask if they have any Savage bolt action rifles.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone I've ever been in has had air guns, bb guns and black powder guns.  One in central CA  even had BP Substitute sitting on the shelf unprotected where anybody could pick it up.  I find that a little disheartening in that the consequences of that bozo move coulod rebound on all of us.

The LA County ones will never have guns.  why the Orange County ones haven't  started up is beyond me. The ones slated to sell them Anaheim and La Habra were picked because of their proximity to LA County.

Paso Robles had a big deer season event with everything but guns.   Not to throw cold waqter but when was the last time you saw some in the Riverside store?  And has anybody checked on the special order policy at any store that does carry guns?

Let's just put it this way, I'm glad I decided not to wait to get one of the Savage special order guns at the La Habra store.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]
the one in poway used to carry 10/22's mini 14's and the likes but they still havent put any back in the cases.  Just have their "we are getting trained to sell firearms signs" up still.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top