Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:02:50 AM EDT
Me and my friends will be camping and target shooting over the weekend at the end of the month and i was wondering is it ok to shoot at night?

And ofcourse we will have a good backstop.

Thnx!

edit to add..  we will be target shooting and camping about 5-10 miles north of barstow off the 15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont see why not?????????  guys using nvg's????
night shoot sounds interesting.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Just remember that tracers can be seen a long way at night in the desert.

Uhhh, I mean ricochets can be seen a long way.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]

PS: As far as I know NVRS are legal to mount on a rifle as long as there's not an IR illuminator mounted to the weapon too.

Correct.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
how much does an nvrs run?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i have also had an exspirance with night shooting  out in BLM land. i have been going to a certain place out in BLM land since i was seven. its about 20 miles outside of barstow and about 8 miles from fort irwin. this past june we were out there and arrived at like 12 midnight.  my buddy Dan (prisner4jc) had just purchesed a mini-14 and wanted to pop off some rounds. like stated before by paul is that we made shure of out back drop and proceeded with shooting. after what seemed like 20 rounds we see the beam of a mag light on the hill behind us hitting the brush. right away i noticed it and began to walk twards it with my trusty Para-ordanance on my hip. as i approached the bottom of the hill i saw a person with a flashlight and couldnt see the persons face b/c the light was in my face. so i broke the silencs with a hick responce of "HOWDY" and that kind of calmed everyone down. then i started to explain to this lady what we were doing.

what i didnt know is that the area that we were shooting from was a certifide minning claim, to her understanding we were tresspassing on her property. when i started to look into that answer later on this summer i came to the understanding that she has the right to whatever she can find in the dirt, but does not have the atthority to kick people off of that area.

after she tryed to shock us with the whole TRESPASSING bit, another lady came out from behind her wich looked to be her "life partner". she was packing a S&W modle 10 .38 spl. and she showed it to me and said i figured on bringing it out just in case. after a lil discussion my buddy jeremy came up and showed them his "CSO" badge (commutnity service officer) to them and pulled a lil b/s out and said that we were all off duty officers out for a weekend of shooting. wich we pulled off with eaze because of all our crew cuts. so we appoligised to them for waking them up and that we were done for the night. after that they pritty much left us alone all weekend.

thinking back that the first lady was a lil stupid to just walk right up to us with just a flash light and no gun. how the heck could she have known that we were just some weekend shooters and that we were not some gangsters droping off a dead body? latter that day we saw a young man out there with them riding his ATC out there. he was no where to be found, so we came to the conclusion that this dude was out there in the brush with a rifle bead on us just in case.

we just got back from another trip out there last night and we did a lil night shooting but this time we took a lil walk-a-bout around the camp site and shooting rang to make forshure that we were not gonna wake up anyone.htscooter
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Tthere are several active claims and some good sized plots of privately owned land out that way along the road to Goldstone and Ft. Irwin.    Especially around the Paradise Springs area.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top