Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 8:06:31 AM EDT
I posted this same ? on the main AR-15 page as well but I'm looking for a dealer in Southern Cal that is licensed to sell assault weapons to LEO's. Our Chief finally gave the go-ahead last week so I want to pick one up ASAP.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Dave's Guns and Archery (An indoor shooting range) sells AR's to LE only in both SA and select fire.

766 South Lugo, San Bernardino, CA 909-884-5584
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dave's Guns and Archery (An indoor shooting range) sells AR's to LE only in both SA and select fire.

766 South Lugo, San Bernardino, CA 909-884-5584

DITTO

Have several Full-Autos for people to rent also. No need to drive all the way to Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Really? FA guns?  How come I've never heard of this place? Do you know what he has available?

Rayn
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]

I posted this same ? on the main AR-15 page as well but I'm looking for a dealer in Southern Cal that is licensed to sell assault weapons to LEO's. Our Chief finally gave the go-ahead last week so I want to pick one up ASAP

Cool, could you take them home and stuff??
What department do you work for?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
how much does it cost to rent a full auto, and what is there selection like???
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Really? FA guns?  How come I've never heard of this place? Do you know what he has available?

Rayn

I don't know what all Richard has available, but, I've seen an MP-5 as well as FA AR's. If you want the skinny on his inventory, you'd be better served visiting there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
how much does it cost to rent a full auto, and what is there selection like???

I don't believe he rents FA's there. If memory serves me correct, they are for sale to LE.

Footnote: LE's should be prepared to show department ID and a letter of authorization from Chief/Sheriff for purchase. (There may be other requirements I am unaware of) I don't work there and really can't speculate on any further.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Just called them.  They have MP-5s and UMPs for rent--TO LEO ONLY.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Cheers

That's what he 'Officially' tells everyone. OR Maybe he just doesn't want the word to get out. Just wants it to keep it low key? He just taking care of (hooking up) his regulars at his range...??

Non-LEO have rented FA from them many many times before, trust me (just last week). You have to use their ammo. It's approx $65 to rent, includes 100 rds. You can buy more ammo from him if you need more (yes! need ammo... need more ammo...). Kinda steep, but you don't have to drive all the way to Vegas. I'll take videos of it next time to prove it.

There is a Turners Outdoorsman about 1/4 mile from the range, but I never tried buying ammo there for the FA rental, just for my personnel guns.

You just have to demonstrate you are a safe shooter and know what your doing. Just doesn't want Joe-Six-Pack off the street trying to rent the FA. Talk to him and if he feels like you are responsible safe shooter and know what your doing (you can control FA), he may let you RENT it.

Might also help if you have a semi-auto version of it. Take the Semi to the range to shoot, and he may let you rent the FA version, after he watches you shoot your Semi. Just don't be a jerk and you might have some FA fun.

They have a FA 9mm M16, but it's currently down. Jamming problems.

They have a Beretta carbine CX4 storm to rent also. Not California legal to civilians, but at least you can shoot one in California.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers

That's what he 'Officially' tells everyone. OR Maybe he just doesn't want the word to get out. Just wants it to keep it low key? He just taking care of (hooking up) his regulars at his range...??

Non-LEO have rented FA from them many many times before, trust me (just last week). You have to use their ammo. It's approx $65 to rent, includes 100 rds. You can buy more ammo from him if you need more (yes! need ammo... need more ammo...). Kinda steep, but you don't have to drive all the way to Vegas. I'll take videos of it next time to prove it.

There is a Turners Outdoorsman about 1/4 mile from the range, but I never tried buying ammo there for the FA rental, just for my personnel guns.

You just have to demonstrate you are a safe shooter and know what your doing. Just doesn't want Joe-Six-Pack off the street trying to rent the FA. Talk to him and if he feels like you are responsible safe shooter and know what your doing (you can control FA), he may let you RENT it.

Might also help if you have a semi-auto version of it. Take the Semi to the range to shoot, and he may let you rent the FA version, after he watches you shoot your Semi. Just don't be a jerk and you might have some FA fun.

They have a FA 9mm M16, but it's currently down. Jamming problems.

They have a Beretta carbine CX4 storm to rent also. Not California legal to civilians, but at least you can shoot one in California.

Ahh, I'm glad you posted this!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top